• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 3 Open BETA Benching.

Soldato
Anyone who says that looks crap is acting derp.... :p

Look at the complexity and detail in that.

I'm a big fan of the quality of the GFX in BF3, they are impressive, but Crysis3 beats it, i think.

The amount of texture in it is unreal, the tessellation in this game must be off the scale, no wonder all GPU's choke on it.

Looks the shizzle. :cool: I'll have to DL this at the weekend.

How's my 7970 going to cope with it?

Caporegime
OP
@ Wolvers... pretty well :)

I doubt it. The road maps for AMD and Nvidia look strong. AMD are having great success with GPU sales and Nvidia are very very strong.

Since the days of the Amiga, I have heard this, that and the other but it never happens. If money can be made, a company would be foolish to drop investment. We are in a recession and this is why the doom and gloom.

True, long may Desktop gaming continue....

Soldato
iwjahbdNVt5mt.png

i8hSQtc0vqoIE.png

Images from earlier :)

Why is it the top image looks much better than the bottom?
edit
one Console and other pc.

Last edited:
Caporegime
GTX 690 / Radeon 7990?

I don't think its that bad, i'm getting ~50 FPS Avrg: all high, 16x AF, 4x MSAA on a lightly overclocked 7870, its playable, while 2x MSAA is perfectly acceptable. :)

No, I am thinking 780 Titan/8970 and you are running 'high' (not maxed). It so reminds me of playing BF3 on a 560TI. I could get it playable but couldn't max it and this seems to be a repeat.

I will switch to 1080P and give it a try on mine Neil.

Caporegime
OP
No, I am thinking 780 Titan/8970 and you are running 'high' (not maxed). It so reminds me of playing BF3 on a 560TI. I could get it playable but couldn't max it and this seems to be a repeat.

I will switch to 1080P and give it a try on mine Neil.

Well the new breed of GPU's is not far away, now we have an excuse to upgrade :D

PS: never tried it maxed, how funny would it be to try?

bee

bee

Associate
as i said earlier in the thread, it runs great here all maxed at 1080p on 670 sli. that's very high, 4x msaa, 16xaf and 80 fov, never drops below 60fps on airport although it does drop to 54 or so on museum

Associate
Just installed the AMD 13.2 beta4 or whatever they are called and redownloaded the beta.

Very high 4xmsaa not a problem anymore. close to a locked 60, the occasional dip.

Must say the lvl with the plane looks allright but nothing spectacular, the other lvl just doesnt have a lot of eyecandy to show.

The singleplayer might be worth a playtrough, the MP is just not for me.

Back
Top Bottom