Crysis or UT3

Associate
Which shall I buy for my pay day treat?

I have an e2160 @ 3GHZ 2gb of DDR800 and an 512mb X1950pro.

I am a massive fan of both Far Cry and Unreal Tournament ('99 is one the top games of all time for me)

What shall i get?!! Damn all these good games coming out!

Soldato
UT3! You'll have no troubles running it, and it works out of the box!

And it's just much more fun to play ;)
You might be frustrated by the steep online learning curve if you have not yet played previous installments, but this game will last you a long long time ;)

edit: sorry just realised I skip read : since 99 was one of your all time favs... deffo pick UT3 up, no question

Associate
OP
Thanks for the quick responses. UT3 'Tis then! I shall buy Crysis when it is patched and I have some godly spec from the future. I doubt it will tear me away from Med 2 at the moment however. Deus Lo Vult! :)

Soldato
UT3 FOR SURE, especially as it's a lot cheaper than Crysis (£10 diff in most places), it'll also run maxed out on your machine providing you're not at a really high res.

Massive fun straight out of the box, and if you like '99 then you'll literally get hours upon hours of playtime out of it. You may play Crysis through a couple of times then put it up for sale.

Get UT3 then pick Crysis up second hand in a couple of weeks, that's what I plan to do anyway.

Associate
Which shall I buy for my pay day treat?

I have an e2160 @ 3GHZ 2gb of DDR800 and an 512mb X1950pro.

I am a massive fan of both Far Cry and Unreal Tournament ('99 is one the top games of all time for me)

What shall i get?!! Damn all these good games coming out!

unreal unless you have a very fast graphics card - 8800gt/ 3850 pro at least, otherwise if you have a 7800GTX or above unreal:p

you have a good card so it should easily run unreal on good settings, but crysis is a beast!

cod4 should run well as well

Last edited:
Associate
I'm about to buy UT3, having loved and played UT99 for many years, with occasional forays into 2K4.

I always knew it was going to be UT, but I 'acquired' Crysis by nefarious means to see what all the fuss was about.

It's a few days of good fun and mega-graphics, but not worth my money, I decided. - UT3 ***. :D

(Am I going to get spanked for condoning such naughtiness?)

Associate
UT3. I have played all previous UT games and initially bought it just because its the latest UT, not expecting anything groundbreaking. But I'm really impressed with how smoothly the graphics run and the quality of the maps. For example on the warfare mode those little capturable turrets that u can ride along the rails are a really cool little addition.
The presentation is also top notch and the singleplayer game seems to be fleshed out quite nicely with cut scenes and a bit of a story, without being over the top and pretentious because we all know we dont buy UT for the intricate story.
I feel that Epic have really taken UT as far as it can go with this title, its a must buy for all UT fans!

Back
Top Bottom