CS:GO Discussion

bJN

bJN

Soldato
For supporting a game they enjoy and put a fair bit of time into? :rolleyes:

Skin purchases are supporting CS:GO? :rolleyes:

Steam couldn't give a toss about CS:GO, if they did they would roll out 128tic match making servers that the community has requested since day one of the consultancies they hosted. Until that happens I'm firmly of the belief that it does nothing but line their pockets.

Associate
If people didn't buy weapon Skins and operations then Valve (not steam) wouldn't release more maps, content, skins, events... etc

Without the weapon skins/operations CSGO would have died a year ago

So yeah it is clearly supporting the game :rolleyes: and lining their pockets because some shiz is so over priced its insane and the stupid steam fee's haha

Last edited:
Soldato

Steam couldn't give a toss about CS:GO, if they did they would roll out 128tic match making servers that the community has requested since day one of the consultancies they hosted. Until that happens I'm firmly of the belief that it does nothing but line their pockets.

It is actually. Sticker money goes direct to teams that provides their bread and butter throughout the season. The game has progressed massively since its launch with constant patch updates and new maps and features added. A percentage of Skin money goes directly to the creator allowing them to create more skins for the game.

Is it a good revenue stream for them? Of course but given the game is practically F2P the only thing your spending money on is cosmetics and if you dont care about that and just play the game, you can actually make a couple of quid out of it.

Last edited:
Associate
For supporting a game they enjoy and put a fair bit of time into? :rolleyes:

If people are spending £50, £100, £1,000 on a gun skin they need their head checked. It has nothing to do with supporting the game. That money goes into someone's steam wallet and they can spend it on other games etc. spending these sums of money for something that isn't real and has no honest real world value is stupid. What's the difference in downloading a free gun skin from somewhere like fpsbanana and buying one....

And as someone said above.... 128 tick servers and more maps that are actually worth while (season, cache and overpass are the only maps that have been added that are any good and season isn't new anyway). Paying £1.50 for a key that opens a box that will more than likely get me a skin worth 10p??? And they can't address the 2 issues I mentioned.....

Rant over lol.

Last edited:
Associate

They have already explained that they don't have 128 tick servers because lower end computers cant support it with decent performance.

Soldato
Well, If you have issue with valve, think they do not support the community, or do not deserve your money don't play the game and buff the numbers for them. I think i have sunk 500+ hours in to it maybe, watched a major tourney, about to enjoy a second and play the game daily. Buying a few skins that in the grand scheme would have cost as much as the other games i would have played, got bored of or finished by now and moved on past is nothing.

As it happens, im up on what i have invested but it would't matter if i wasn't.

People do not like buying skins, fair do's but some people do and find some reward from it. Why do people have such a hard time understanding other points of view and opinions on things?

Back
Top Bottom