CSCS card- who's done it?

Soldato
For those that have one is it possible to self study for it? If so are the books of any use?

I need to clarify with them what color I need to apply for. I'm thinking it will add an extra string to my bow and something to do for the mind.

Soldato
OP
No no. Which card? No point in just going for a random colour. They reflect trades and positions. Do you have a trade?

Ah sorry, cause I did say wasn't sure which colour I need to apply for I jumped and thought you didn't know what the CSCS card is.
Currently studying for an HNC in architectural technology, I think looking at the website again it would be the red trainee card. Although job positions I would be applying for would be more along the lines of project manager.

Soldato
OP
An HNC in architectural tech is unlikely to lead to a PMs position. I'd honestly expect you be based in a DO with that kind of qual and then most likely needing a site visitor card which I think is yellow from memory.

We've had all but one class the same as construction management students, so far, and looking at next year it appears almost the same for semester1 too.

I have previous PM experience and looking into transferable skills to make the move. Speaking to friends from CM lot they've made similar sort career moves without trade or construction experience.

If a CSCS costs little and I can use my brain for a couple of days, while having something above other applicants in any application then why not?!

Back
Top Bottom