• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Current-2025 bang for buck GPU £100-£200

Associate
Just getting opinions with this, for nieces first PC, for gaming let's face it lol. Her mind is about to be blow at how bad her current laptop is.

I was looking at second hand Geforce 3060 these are going for about £150-200 - any other recommendations?

I think she would like one asap but timing with Christmas and bday early next year is also likely, so would it be worth waiting?

How's Arc doing at the moment? I'd have to support this PC so want it trouble free ;)

I've got a case, psu, nvme drive that can be used, just going to source cpu/mobo/ram which will be something like the AMD 3600 CPU. I'll need to get a cheap Windows OEM key I guess too.

Brand new: RX 6600. 3060 around £250 is okay too. I would avoid 1630/1650, 3050 and 6400/6500 XT.

I think she would like one asap but timing with Christmas and bday early next year is also likely, so would it be worth waiting?
Probably not, we haven't got any new high-end or midrange cards yet and the budget/entry-level cards always come out last.

At that price point I'd be going used. Something like a 3070, 3060ti or perhaps a 2070 Super or 2080.
I've been using a 2070 Super for a while now and have been very happy with it. Even on Ebay they go for close to £150, which is a bargain for the performance and access to DLSS (and even frame gen with mods). Obviously if you can find a 3060 Ti or 3070 for that money even better, but they generally go for over £200 still.

personally, I'd sve a little more, and get a brand new 3060 for just shy of £250 here and elsewhere too,
tell her the whole PC is for Xmas, and not to expect anything more, only fair
I presume she has a monitor to use?

Just don't go second hand if you want hassle free. It's all well and good looking for an upgrade for your pc from the 2nd hand market but not somebody else's first pc that you will be the technician for.

Back
Top Bottom