Current popular media player/library (Anything better than MediaMonkey 5/2024?)

Soldato
I currently use MediaMonkey for my music player and media library. I don't like the current version (5.1/2024) as much as MediaMonkey 4. I have been considering switching back to MM 4.1 but I thought I might ask what people are using on their computers? Is there anything out there that's being actively developed/maintained that will both play my MP3 collection but also let me manage my library that's better than MediaMonkey?

I got fed up of MediaMonkey and switched to MusicBee a couple of years ago.

Feels very similar in terms of functionality and look / feel, but without the endless updates, resets and licence faff that was frustrating me about MM.
I'll give MusicBee a go. I think I tried it a while ago but I think it was when I was using MM4 so wasn't tempted to switch. MM5 has been a big disappointment for me.
JRiver MC user for many years but this year I switched to ROON as it seamlessly merges my sizeable FLAC collection with Qobuz, which gives me a ridiculous choice of music to listen to.
ROON? Haven't heard of that. Thanks for the suggestion. :)
Absolutely JRiver all the way. (User / beta tester since MC12)

Mentioned this in the essential software thread, but nothing else I've ever found will run a library of comparable size.
~600,000 files in the library at the minute. Probably about 60% images, 20% audiobooks, 20% TV, films etc. plus the music too.

It takes a little setting up, and you need to tag your files properly to take advantage of the power, but there's literally nothing else like it.
JRriver - Do you have to purchase a licence or is it optional?

Back
Top Bottom