Curved monitors for work use

I think you would find the 1000R curve on a 27" monitor to be annoying (I have a Samsung G5). Fine for some fast action gaming but not for productivity.

2000R or 1800R on a 32" 16:9 or 34" ultrawide is much more subtle and for me my preference rather than flat.

odyssey G7 user, gaming and work
you get used to curve, although I wish it was less curvy

if anything, occasionally it is more annoying in games than desktop/office, distortion is more noticeable in 3d world

I use the MSI MEG34c for work. I am an infrastructure admin, so mostly web guis, command line, and remote sessions, with some spreadsheets and word here or there. The curve on this, is not noticeable at all unless you look for it.

I absolutely love it. And for gaming, it is absolutely amazing!

Last edited:
Have to agree with bimbleuk
27 is to small for the curve for me personally
Got 2 x 27 flat here
Replaced them with 1 x 34 with a mild curve
No issues doing non gaming stuff on the 34
Do you miss the extra bit of real estate? It seems like the options for getting a bunch of stuff in parallel on the same screen have improved a lot recently so there's not necessarily a necessity for two separate screens for doing stuff side by side anymore, but maybe there's still a benefit from two screens for a bit of extra pixels for work?

Last edited:
I bought a Dell S3423DWC a couple of years for work (accountant so lots of spreadsheets). I really like it and find it fantastic to work on.

Only annoyance is when screen sharing on teams you have to share windows rather than the whole screen as otherwise it’s a weird experience for the person you’re showing.

I bought a Dell S3423DWC a couple of years for work (accountant so lots of spreadsheets). I really like it and find it fantastic to work on.

Only annoyance is when screen sharing on teams you have to share windows rather than the whole screen as otherwise it’s a weird experience for the person you’re showing.
I've had the same issue when WFH on my 34" UW. You have to zoom in so far so those watching on their laptop can see anything!

Do you miss the extra bit of real estate? It seems like the options for getting a bunch of stuff in parallel on the same screen have improved a lot recently so there's not necessarily a necessity for two separate screens for doing stuff side by side anymore, but maybe there's still a benefit from two screens for a bit of extra pixels for work?
Not really
I never did like not being square in
The middle with 2 monitors
Did try the new one and one of the 27
On a dual monitor arm
Thought I could move them in and out of the way
One for gaming one for other stuff
But the 34 is basically glass to the edge on 3 sides
Total fingerprint magnet when moving it

I’ve got a 34” ultra wide and use it for work. Slight curve.

I work in finance IT so there’s a lot of spreadsheets or viewing data and the curve doesn’t bother me at all. If anything I wish I’d gone for a 49.

I use a 49” and 35” curved, along with a 32” flat for work. The widescreens are great for multiple side by side windows and the flat great if you need a lot top to bottom.

I’m not sure a curved 27” at 16:9 makes much sense.

I have the 48" Samsung CRG90 5120x1440 and frankly it would be super annoying without the curve, for both productivity (90% of my use) and gaming.

I'm currently working on two 24" 1080p monitors. Would an ultrawide suit me better? And if so, what sort of size would I need in order to not lose any real estate?

I'm currently working on two 24" 1080p monitors. Would an ultrawide suit me better? And if so, what sort of size would I need in order to not lose any real estate?
work it out. 1920x1080 so you'd need 2x 1920. I work on 2x 1080p in the office (+ the laptop screen but that sits off to the side and has a static screen on it) and a 34" UW 3440x1440p with a slight curve at home. I don't feel short changed for screen space as there's no central border so windows can be central on the screen. Sure I don't run any apps or pages full screen and they overlap quite a bit but I can see every app or Web page and can click each one to make it the focus.

Last edited:
Curved on a 27" seems meh. Go for an ultrawide, curved 34". That's the sweet spot.
not all curved monitors have the same curve some are really wild and others are barely noticeable.

personally I wouldn't go below 34inch, more immersive and if you want to play competitive just don't use an ultra wide resolution.

You have to bare in mind WORK USE

you can not do colour accuracy etc on an ultra wide, so that basically rules out video editing and graphics work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom