Custom Test Bench? What's your thoughts.

Soldato
Hopefully this the right place to post, Been after a test bench for ages but none are ideal, They are either too big or just too expensive for what they are.

I already have some white board & Tube so thought about making my own.

This is what I've come up with so far, The bars wont be going all the way through the board to act as feet, I will be adding feet separately ,Probably just stick on ones to be honest.

The angle thing on the end of the board i thought would be good to house Power/Hard Drive activity & Power button of some sort although unsure of that plan yet.

Of course would need to drill and put in Brass motherboard stand offs on top of the board, But couldn't see a way in the software to add marks that would represent those lol.

Wondering what changes/What you guys would add or change?

Please note - My first go at 3D modelling ,So nothings to scale and probably laughable to any pros in here lol, Just wanted to get some vision what it would look like.

kRBiwT9.png

oGvLfu4.png

n963RWv.png

Soldato
OP
So i eventually made one, Skipped the idea of tubes for legs and went with just solid wood that i glued first with epoxy then when dried put screws in and countersunk slightly.

Also ditched the Brass standoff idea, wouldn't of worked well with that bracket i have and not only that there wouldn't be enough thread on the brass stand offs to screw into the board so i went with Adhesive standoffs that just stick to the laminated board which have worked very well.

NgXxjT5.jpg

yL4feFx.jpg

QiqDEed.jpg

I was considering adding metal brackets to mount the PSU on underneath and possibly a DVD burner, But tbh i think some good strong Velcro would do the trick?

Soldato
OP
Have you got a cut out to access the back of the motherboard for the cpu backplate just in case ?
No, I actually never intend to use anything other than the stock coolers for whatever board I use so not really needed, the motherboard just pops out anyway as they're only plastic nibs/standoffs the board sits on so very easy to swap boards :)

Holy chonky coper, Batman! Look at those heatsinks!
I know right, I think it might have been quite a high end ish board, it has 4x ethernet ports on the rear, which is unusual I've only really seen 2 on modern boards

Back
Top Bottom