cut out for central joy stick?

Associate
Does anyone make a gaming chair with a cutout or support in the base for a central joystick?

None of these gaming chairs look any good for flight or helo sims where you might have the flight stick between your legs but need it closer to the body to prevent over reaching....

a10_stick__11921.1367328334.1280.1280.jpg

Associate
Here at noblechairs we are already planning to add a range of accessories to our gaming chair range, as we know the popularity of VR, racing sims and flight sims amongst others. We will happily keep you informed with the progress of bringing these products to market here on the OCUK forums.

Associate
OP
So I use a pedestal floor mount for my warthog and what I found was the arm reach uncomfortable you pretty much have to shuffle forward on the seat and thus lose the back rest. You could stuff pillows behind you but that is a pain to manage and who wants to store pillows in an office.

In my case because I have an old office chair I literally hand drilled a 3" circular cut out into my seat and then carefully stapled the PU leather material back. Now my pedestal fits snugly in the cutout and my reach is fine with my back being supported. :D Thing is my office chair is old and shabby now and needs replacing and I don't feel like modding a £300 - £400 chair.

At first I thought the cutout would make the chair uncomfortable for normal use tbh it doesn't. You don't want a clamp system to the seat cushion either as that will likely damage the material. I keep seeing adverts for the all these "gaming chairs" and "new products for gamers" and I find it pretty irritating to see yet another car seat with no real thought gone into gamers needs. There is more to gaming chairs than a Recaro clone on a swivel/tilt system, people don't just play racing games guys.

If Noblechairs/OCuk (as it seems like a joint venture) want some help to get this right I'm only a PM away.

Back
Top Bottom