*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
wxv594qj6f461.jpg

LOL. It really rings true.

I haven't seen anyone publicly decrying that there are bugs or issues. But I've seen lots of people saying "It shouldn't have been released- it doesn't work, it's a buggy mess, it's unplayable". That doesn't match my experience: I've seen a floating cigarette packet, some menu text that spans the border of the screen, and some extremely shonky driving. I feel for the people who were invested in the leadup to the game and aren't having a good time of it, I really do, and they have as much right to relay that experience as anyone else. But I've never understood the joyless types that just like to dump on those that are having a good time without actually participating in the experience or offering anything other than "Enjoy your buggy mess of a game, fanboi". It grates rather than bothers me, and I can usually filter it out, but I just don't get it. Go and do something positive with something you do enjoy!

Soldato
One thing I’m not to sure on is how feasible it is to ignore the storyline? I’m just at the part where I’m to meet Dex, literally the start of the storyline after visiting Vs apartment for the first time. Can I just explore and do the side quests now to my hearts content, or are there areas/things locked until I progress the story?

Associate
Anyone gettig a weird humming noise through their speaker when reading the documents. It seems fine when i then close what Im reading and return to the game

Associate
I did try it briefly on my HTPC with Ryzen 3600 and 1660Ti just see how it ran and it wasn't great, surprisingly it defaulted to a mix of medium and high settings and felt like 30--40fps, and it was playable.

Not sure I would want to play it this way, but I would if it was the only option, graphic alone don't make the game.

Associate
One thing I’m not to sure on is how feasible it is to ignore the storyline? I’m just at the part where I’m to meet Dex, literally the start of the storyline after visiting Vs apartment for the first time. Can I just explore and do the side quests now to my hearts content, or are there areas/things locked until I progress the story?

I wondered the same. I just wandered off, some people called me about some other things to do, I changed the current objective and no repercussions. So I think it's like the Witcher, you can just ignore the "MAIN" journal items and do what you want.

Soldato

You're limited to that part of the city for now, but you can do other sidequests and stuff. I did a ton of sidequests and exploring before doing that mission.

Associate
I did try it briefly on my HTPC with Ryzen 3600 and 1660Ti just see how it ran and it wasn't great, surprisingly it defaulted to a mix of medium and high settings and felt like 30--40fps, and it was playable.

Not sure I would want to play it this way, but I would if it was the only option, graphic alone don't make the game.

im in a similar situation except im running a gtx 970 still so im getting 30-40 fps on LOW.. which isnt ideal but is still playable, just not sure i want to play it at such low settings

i did what a lot of others did and waited until the new GPUs came out before upgrading and now prices are all over the place so the wait continues..
i still have a few other games to play so i suppose i can wait until the prices settle down and then upgrade

my 970 had a good 5/6 year run though

Soldato
That hacking video really showed me how to do it as I've been doing it incorrectly. That might say more about the ingame tutorial than me but I'll have to play that again someday and see.

I really do like this. I only played a few hours yesterday as I had a flu jab and it made me lethargic, but today I've had more hours so far than yesterday. I'm just running around the map doing side missions with the odd main one.

At one point yesterday I am sure I heard a subtle Bladerunner music homage when I was running around Night City.

Today I've dropped my setting so everything in on high, no ultra, turned off RTX, have DLSS set to auto and at 2560x1440 I, so far, have 60+ fps with the game still looking like my wet dream.

Caporegime
That hacking video really showed me how to do it as I've been doing it incorrectly. That might say more about the ingame tutorial than me but I'll have to play that again someday and see.

I really do like this. I only played a few hours yesterday as I had a flu jab and it made me lethargic, but today I've had more hours so far than yesterday. I'm just running around the map doing side missions with the odd main one.

At one point yesterday I am sure I heard a subtle Bladerunner music homage when I was running around Night City.

Today I've dropped my setting so everything in on high, no ultra, turned off RTX, have DLSS set to auto and at 2560x1440 I, so far, have 60+ fps with the game still looking like my wet dream.
Much of the ‘tutorial’ isn’t great and as said above the inventory system is terrible. The levelling up trees are quite confusing too.

Soldato
@uncle_rufus @Name

Remind you of anyone? ;)

You know, it's a good point, and re-reading my own posts I can see there is a bitterness to them which got more than a little out of hand. I'm glad people are managing to get a good experience out of the game. However everyone values their own free time differently so whilst for some the idea of playing an objectively inferior version of the game (which it is, and that's not bitterness talking) isn't a big deal; play it once now and then again when it's more polished etc. there are also people out there who won't have time or the inclination to do that. Then I get that people who have invested themselves into this product struggle to see any questioning of it as an attack, but some of us are trying to work out whether it is ultimately going to be worth their (limited) time. From what I've read (and now heard directly from actual friends) there is a decent experience underneath it all and hopefully CDPR will be given the resource and time to put in the required polish. I still have some concerns that it's gone a bit too action/shooter and not RPG enough for what I was hoping but I expect to be able to get a better idea of that once people I know have completed it.

Associate
You know, it's a good point, and re-reading my own posts I can see there is a bitterness to them which got more than a little out of hand. I'm glad people are managing to get a good experience out of the game. However everyone values their own free time differently so whilst for some the idea of playing an objectively inferior version of the game (which it is, and that's not bitterness talking) isn't a big deal; play it once now and then again when it's more polished etc. there are also people out there who won't have time or the inclination to do that. Then I get that people who have invested themselves into this product struggle to see any questioning of it as an attack, but some of us are trying to work out whether it is ultimately going to be worth their (limited) time. From what I've read (and now heard directly from actual friends) there is a decent experience underneath it all and hopefully CDPR will be given the resource and time to put in the required polish. I still have some concerns that it's gone a bit too action/shooter and not RPG enough for what I was hoping but I expect to be able to get a better idea of that once people I know have completed it.

I've been fairly lucky in that I've had a largely bug free experience (bar the odd graphical glitch) and performance wise as I have a high end system, I'm effectively brute forcing the bad optimisation and using DLSS to help...that being said, there clearly are people out there having lots of bad bugs and poor performance and its a shame, because when playing like I am, its a pretty amazing experience which for a large amount of people is being tarnished.

A good friend of mine asked for my opinion of it, for which I told him I thought it was amazing...but he was going to buy it on PS4.....I've told him to hold fire....wait for the PS5 version with bug fixes.

I think once its all polished and optimised this will be an extremely good game for the majority who play it.....as long as they aren't put off forever by the initial bad launch.

Soldato
so guess with a 980ti 1440p g sync monitor would I actually get anything stable, so much information out there, hard to actually know real world if a 980ti would cut it

Associate

What an irritatingly mature response :D

WHY U NO BITE?

Joking mate, good on you.

Back
Top Bottom