Cycling and Helmets

Permabanned
When I pick my new bike up at the weekend I want to buy a Helmit as I will be riding to work on busy roads and I think its time I get a helmit so I can feel safer/be safer and ride faster.

The last time I owned a helmit was about 12 year ago and It was uncool to wear them when I was a kid, where I lived.

So all you MTB/Cyclists what would you recommend, I'd like somthing sport and comfy and about £30-50.

Got my eye on these 2.

Air 08 £40

Monza £50

Soldato
Personally, I wouldn't pre-choose your helmet.

Go to the shop and see what fits your noggin the best. Different helmet brands suit different sized/shaped heads. Buy something that fits well and is comfortable, not 'cos you like the colour.

Last edited:
Associate
i second that try any helmet on before you buy. i always have met helmets as they fit me best even though i love the look of the specialized decibel it just didnt fit right

Soldato
Yeh as said, try different helmets on. They're all to the same standard of protection, but the more expensive ones will have more size options and therefore a better fit.

Soldato
as said above the cost these days doesnt affect the level of protection what you'll find it does affect

the airflow - the amount of ventilation while maintaining the level of protection.

style

comfort.

Soldato
#Chri5# said:
Personally, I wouldn't pre-choose your helmet.

Go to the shop and see what fits your noggin the best. Different helmet brands suit different sized/shaped heads. Buy something that fits well and is comfortable, not 'cos you like the colour.

word up.

I have a Bell (I need to break this word combination up or I will be immature and laugh).... cycling! helmet which was the best fitting one. I think its an Aquila. Looks good, comfy and matches my bikes colour (it was coincidental!).

Back
Top Bottom