cyrpus passport validity

Permabanned
we are travelling to cyprus flying into larnaca and staying in protaras, i am reading that the passport only needs to be valid for the duration of the stay, then i read it needs to be valid for 6 months.

anyone shed some light on this ?

Caporegime
You nuts?

Serious answer:

I wouldn't go anywhere without at least 6 months left on my passport, that's an invitation to be pulled aside for some extra questioning.

Soldato
Your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay in Cyprus; you don’t need any additional period of validity on your passport beyond this.

However, if you’re travelling to the north of Cyprus, their administration advises that your passport should be valid for at least 6 months from your date of entry to the north.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/cyprus/entry-requirements

You have weak googlefu

Soldato
Just a small tip, always have your passport valid for a good amount of time. They say six months or whatever but if anything happens to you while you are away or you need your passport short notice. At least you wont have to mess around trying to get it renewed.

If my passport is less than a year from expiry date then I am getting it renewed ASAP no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom