DAB/Freeview Card

Soldato
Just wondering if you can get a card that does both DAB Radio and Freeview TV.. i ask because my new pc comes with Windows Media Center and it has features that support both :) If yes what are there names so i can go shopping please hehe

Soldato
Freeview TV includes digital radio channels if that helps at all, only ones you'd get on DAB instead of Freeview are the regional ones I think.

Soldato
Not seen any. TBH, i dont see the point in a DAB card, as you PC can pick up hundreds of internet radio stations that would be just as good quality (128kbs)

Soldato
OcUK TV Cards page

The two Compro cards at the top claim they support "digital FM radio reception (not DAB type)." A number of the Hauppauge cards claim to support "FM radio or DVB-T radio," and the Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T PCI card apparently allows you to "listen to digital radio," which sounds promising. However, on the Hauppauge product page they emphasise that "DVB-T radio is not DAB"

I don't think you'll be able to get a DAB tuner for your PC, but DVB-T shouldn't be a problem. Whether any of the cards mentioned above are compatible with MCE, I don't know :)

Associate
Didn't I see a freeview PCI card on overclockers and about £30, which is pretty cheap? I don't know if that has radio in it might do.

Soldato
DAB is only really popular in the UK so there is relatively little demand for a PCI based DAB card.

As said, most DAB stations are broadcast via freeview (DVB-T).

Soldato
Do a Google on DAB USB ( not trying to annoy mods off, but I am not sure if all the above mentioned options are the same as DAB) and I know I cant link to competitors

Back
Top Bottom