DAB+ solution for all Android smartphones with OTG

Permabanned
In a world of unlimited data and internet radio streaming, just why?

Unlimited data plan is quite expensive and definitely not for everyone.
I use internet on my phone only when connected with Wi-Fi networks which are rare and far apart.

The DAB+ signal is much more powerful - it's measured in many many kilowatts, and you can always enable your signal via headphones cable.
Also, DAB+ is free-to-air compared to the very expensive GSM 4G plans.

I can see the argument that you might not have a decent signal but you're likely to have no signal on a tiny DAB antenna in the same situation...

The DAB+ signal is much more powerful, stable than any 4G GSM signal- it's measured in many many kilowatts, and you can always enable your signal via headphones cable.

DAB in my car drops out a lot more than my data signal

When you pay so much monthly for data, you have to ask for quality.

Is this apples-to-apples comparison - your car DAB+ system vs your car data system or it's car vs phone?
If it's the car, then maybe the problem is technical in your vehicle and needs addressing by your vehicle manufacturer.

DAB+ solution for all Android smartphones with OTG
https://www.worlddab.org/news/6411/dab+-solution-for-all-android-smartphones-with-otg

"POPyourPHONE is a DAB+ tuner for all Android smartphones with OTG, the app is free and can be downloaded from the Google Play store. POPyourPHONE allows users to listen to digital radio wherever they are."

https://us6.campaign-archive.com/?u=b94c62103bd0c99b3512ef182&id=2db0f0cda0&e=

Has anyone used it?
This is over 4 years old and doesn't seem to be available anymore, obviously not a success.

When you pay so much monthly for data, you have to ask for quality.

Is this apples-to-apples comparison - your car DAB+ system vs your car data system or it's car vs phone?
If it's the car, then maybe the problem is technical in your vehicle and needs addressing by your vehicle manufacturer.

As long as I don't exceed my bundle, data is free.

I travel all over the UK (more than one car) and there are huge areas where DAB just breaks up or vanishes.

DAB still does not have the coverage of FM :(

Unlimited data plan is quite expensive and definitely not for everyone.
I use internet on my phone only when connected with Wi-Fi networks which are rare and far apart.

The DAB+ signal is much more powerful - it's measured in many many kilowatts, and you can always enable your signal via headphones cable.
Also, DAB+ is free-to-air compared to the very expensive GSM 4G plans.

The DAB+ signal is much more powerful, stable than any 4G GSM signal- it's measured in many many kilowatts, and you can always enable your signal via headphones cable.
You seem to not know that DAB in the UK is absolute rubbish with a large amount of stations running at stupid low bitrate (and mono most of the time) because they've been crammed into the bandwidth that is available that internet steaming would be the better option.

This video from Techmoan might be about a year and a half old, but it explains things better then I can.

You seem to not know that DAB in the UK is absolute rubbish with a large amount of stations running at stupid low bitrate (and mono most of the time)

I know because this is public knowledge for everyone interested in the technology.

It's in your hands to write signals to the responsible organisations that have to fix your quality issues.
The issues are not in the technology but in the people's management of the technology.

Back
Top Bottom