Daft question?

Associate
Hi fellow forum people!

daft question, but do I need to uprate my PSU?

Current rig:
AMD Ryzen 5800x
Arctic Freezer III RGB
Gigabyte 3070 Aorus Master
32GB G.Skill Trident Neo 3600Mhz RAM
1 TB M.2 SSD (Main C drive, for OS, frequently used stuff, and my main games)
1 TB HDD (for random games and general stuff that doesn't need to load fast)
4 TB HDD (Long term photography storage)
Lian Li 207 case (recent upgrade)
custom sensor panel running with Aida 64 and RTSS

I do have a small undervolt on my GPU, but CPU is stock. Cinebench scores in the 1400s depending on what I shut down or keep running.

I've currently got a Corsair RM750i PSU I got a few years ago, it's doing fine and generally I don't notice any particular issues, but I'm getting huge packet loss in CS2. Mostly it's low, but I get prolonged spikes of 30-70% (lasting for 15-20mins or more), and I'm rubber banding in some matches.

One of my friends suggested I should be running a 1000w+ PSU, but I'm struggling to see how that could affect packet loss in a particular game, that's more of a network issue in my mind. Should I put a PSU upgrade on the priority list?

Thanks @Tetras, I was pretty sure it was fine, PC Part Picker suggests around 550w for my PC, but wasn't sure if there was something I was missing. I don't see any other issues, so the PSU seems to be doing just fine.

Thanks, I'll have a look at the event viewer and see if there's anything there.

There's usually a few connections in the house, phones, TV etc, though last night it happened when I was on my own, so it should have just been my PC that was active. My internet speed is good, 350Mb/sec (Virgin Media), and we usually get most of that even at busy times. Ping is low, 23ms normally to the servers. I had the internet connection come into the house right by my PC, so it's an ethernet connection to the router that sits on my desk. I update the graphics drivers regularly through Geforce experience too.

I think it's to do with the game implementation just being a bit buggy, so I'll see if I can do a traceroute first, but I might try reinstalling windows, have been putting it off as it's a bit of a faff.

Back
Top Bottom