Damn Chinese Scooter Driving Me Mad!!!

Soldato
Got collared by the neighbours last weekend as the husbands scooter wasn't charging, so i told them i'd have a look. Fast forward to today and its got me tearing my hair out!.

Trying to get it started, it has the stupidest alarm system i've ever come across...manage to get by that and it won't start, just wind over and over and over.

Get round that after finding the intake rubber has split wide open...get it running and trying to test voltages with one hand whilst covering up 7/8th's of the intake with the other to stop it getting too much air and dying proves fun. It won't idle properly, keeps cutting out, AAARRRGGGHHH!!!.
Phew, rant over.
:D
P.S. I can also confirm the generator is putting out voltage after probing the wire with my finger whilst earthed with my other hand blocking the carb!!!.
:eek:

Soldato
Nice Rant. I've seen new Chineese 125s in showrooms that look like they've been welded together with cheese by a retarded Panda. I wouldn't trust my life with one and would suggest you subtly explain to your neighbours that perhaps they should return the bike and get something that isn't going to kill them.

Soldato
Walk away. I hate Chinese bikes. like PieEater said there made out of noodles and other crap. My mate had one and it fell apart more often than it was put together.

Waste of crap material.

And as Maccapacca said you will become his local mechanic. Same with computers

Soldato
OP
Got it charging last weekend after pulling the connectors out of the reg/reg to loom block and making sure they were actually touching, something they wasn't doing inside! :rolleyes:.

So, just the carb inlet to track down...managed to find a chinese scooter spares place that seems to have the identical part for £9.99p, except the one thats on it means that the airbox can't be fitted properly (was cabletied on!!!).

Oh, and now they would like the kickstart to work as well...except the gear on the crank for it is destroyed and all the bushings to hold the kickstart mech in the engine casings are worn away...

Apart from that, the head bearings have more slop than a very sloppy thing, the fork stanchions are so corroded they've destroyed the fork seals and the rear wheel bearing is kapput.

Still, what do you expect from an old 2008 model that has almost 200 miles on the clock!.
:p

Tea Drinker
Don
I can't fathom why people would buy these things, yes you can get a new one for £1000 but it's toast in two years, the 125's scare me do 60 -70 on one of those leaving a trail of nuts and bolts (I would say washers but they wouldn't have any)

Back
Top Bottom