Damned hot weather :(

Soldato
You miss out on a cool car stunt though if you ripped the gubbins out of the car. Plus, it is a great talking point at parties...

"Why yes, I am the man with half a Golf GTI sticking out of the 4th floor flat..." :cool:

As an aside, I have made some structural modifications and added a fuel tank...

car_aircon_revised.jpg

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
It's getting unbearable in PC corner in my room now so this afternoon will be spent moving stuff. It'll take me a while as there are delicate watercooled PCs to move, cables to reroute and furniture to shift. I'll have to move some of the furniture to another room temporarily since it's only a small room. All-in-all, I expect the process to take 2-3 hours but beer supplies are in place so all should be well :D

Soldato
OP
I've had building work outside my window this morning so had the window shut for ~45mins from 9am. Room temperature hit 27ºC within half an hour :o
Window is back open now and my feet are enjoying the breeze!

Associate
I had one of those annoying fuel salesmen ring the doorbell last Autumn trying to tell me their gas price was cheap, they asked if I had gas central heating so I admitted I did but I heated the house with electricity. They didn't understand! The central heating hasn't been on for weeks now but as the PC is upstairs the downstairs can get a little chilly :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Rearranged everything this afternoon. Took a bit longer than I expected (about 4 hours) and isn't entirely finished yet. The gaming rig is running at about the same temperature as before but with the fans running quieter. I have a few plans for tomorrow which will further reduce the heat in the new and improved PC corner and should also reduce the fan noise. Looking forward to a quieter and cooler room.

I also have a plan for the future to build a frame to fit the open window to hold radiators with waterproof fans drawing cold air from outside but that's some way in the future.

I'll have reduced output for a few days while I get everything right.

Man of Honour
you know whats going to happen with more than one....

What a waste of perfectly good water. :p Reckon a fire engine would be a bit big for a watercooling reservoir? :D

I also have a plan for the future to build a frame to fit the open window to hold radiators with waterproof fans drawing cold air from outside but that's some way in the future.

Hope the rest of the room is waterproof too. Not to mention bug proof. The velocity applied to the shredded remains of an insect passing through said fans can have painful results. I know this to my cost (20in fan mounted in a window for cooling purposes).

I'm thinking about getting some ceiling fans fitted. Don't know why but they seem surprisingly effective.

Soldato
I am dreading summer EUEs, I have added a couple of hi tec cooling solutions to the shed folder (circled), and computer simulations have shown the air-flow to be as indicated by the arrows.

arrows.jpg

:p

Back
Top Bottom