Damned hot weather :(

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Just put the PC outside :D

EDIT: Or jam the PC in the window! :eek:

Tempting as that is, I'm not sure if exposing my £1800 pride and joy to the elements is the best way to go :p

Finished moving stuff around and I'm fairly happy I've done as much as I can to optimise the cooling to fan noise ratio for now.
When it's sunny, I can keep the gaming rig under 80C with the fans slightly under half speed (still slightly noisy with the Triebwerks but bearable). I can keep the other i7 rig under 80C with the fans on minimum setting which, as it's under the desk, is unnoticeable with the gaming rig going. I really need to change the radiator in the gaming rig for one that can work with lower noise fans but that'll have to wait until I have money.

It's damp and cloudy today and not terribly warm so both rigs on lowest fan speeds - nice and quiet.

I've also done a bit of shuffling around. I've taken the 8800GTX out of the little mATX machine and put it in the bedroom machine. I've retired the mATX rig for now.

It's now much more comfortable in the PC room :cool:

Soldato
OP
I am dreading summer EUEs, I have added a couple of hi tec cooling solutions to the shed folder (circled), and computer simulations have shown the air-flow to be as indicated by the arrows.

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/148/arrows.jpg[/img
:p[/QUOTE]

hehe :D

It's a rather hot sunny day here, I've just had to up the fans on my triple rad. Of more benefit would be sorting out the new and epic kink (photos to come in the next few days) but that will have to wait, I'll sort it out at the same time as I revamp the setup - draining it, shortening the tubes to the [I]correct[/I] lengths, then attempting to refill it as a sealed loop once again, with no quick-release fittings and this time making doubly sure all the air is out, which will prove tricky with it all being attached to stuff now. Hopefully I don't have to detach it from all the components.

Soldato
I am dreading summer EUEs, I have added a couple of hi tec cooling solutions to the shed folder (circled), and computer simulations have shown the air-flow to be as indicated by the arrows.

arrows.jpg

:p

:eek: ive not been scared in a long time - that really is worrying :D

Soldato
It's a rather hot sunny day here, I've just had to up the fans on my triple rad. Of more benefit would be sorting out the new and epic kink (photos to come in the next few days)

Looking forward to seeing the pics, I think your cooling solutions (inparticular the shoe strings!) are more interesting than mine! :p

:eek: ive not been scared in a long time - that really is worrying :D

Don't worry, each fan has at least one twisty cable tie thing, and has been throughly tested by me wobbling it! :D

Soldato
OP
Looking forward to seeing the pics, I think your cooling solutions (inparticular the shoe strings!) are more interesting than mine! :p

The shoe strings are now gone! I did a bit of experimenting, and it turned out that once the side of the case was on, there was no benefit to having that fan there! Possibly something to do with the side of the case being in the way of any airflow, and the side of the fan disrupting the wind tunnel effect (which is quite important in keeping GPU temperatures below 100ºC, as it happens).
They may return at a later date in a different scenario.

Soldato
lol! :p

As an aside, I might have to buy myself some better fans for my H50. It is not particularly hot this evening in my room but CoreTemp is showing my i7 at an average of 83-85C! One core hit 89 at some point :eek:

My i7 normally only gets to about 80-81C on my hottest core. I have notice my SMP client is on its second 6014 WU in a row... wondering if these are a little hard on my i7! :p

Either that or I need to clean the H50 rad! :o

Soldato
I have an NVQ, I successfully managed to topple a giant jenga, but failed to tip over a cow. :p

I'll thank you not to mention the pushing over of cows, its not big and its not clever! No doubt your in league with these pair of renegades...serves you right if you get caught mr foldy person....or will you wobble your way out of it hmmmm? :D

Soldato
I just felt the need to stand up for these creatures i mean you have womens rights, child protection services along with esther bloody rantzen. Where would we be without these noble beasts? Mr Kellog would never have seen the light of day! I am prepared to offer a prize of 2 pints of semi skimmed to the person who finds the largest cow...top this one :)

Just incase i am accused of going off topic...this cow folds on a weekend and its waste gasses are directly responsible for the thinning ozone and warmer summers....hence your overheated pc's....now you know who to blame :D

Soldato
Oh curses....i forgot to paint out the matchstick flagpoles.....i now wear the cone of shame...i do not like the cone of shame....fear not TT the medications kicking in i should be comatose within 15 minutes

Back
Top Bottom