Damned hot weather :(

Soldato
Babies :p:D

erm.jpg

Edit: That was @4.1Ghz 1.44v :D:D:D

Last edited:
Soldato
Damned hot weather indeed....can we not all club together and get a job lot of air conditioners :D:D

That wouldn't be a bad idea!

I have had to lower the OC on my i7 to 3.8GHz as all 4 cores were pushing 95C and my client kept being stopped by a script to stop my CPU getting any hotter lol. So far with folding it is staying at around 90C.

I have had to switch off folding completely on my server. The attic was turning into an oven and the actual case of my server was rather hot! :eek:

It would seem there is not enough of a breeze through the attic in Summer to keep it cool - 75C at STOCK on a Q6600! Will soon be replaced by my new i7 and H50, so hopefully be able to fold on it without roasting pigeons roosting in the eaves! :p

I don't even want to know how much hotter it would be if both GPUs were going too! >.<

Soldato
OP
I can't recommend a watercooling setup enough for times like these. I've temporarily downclocked to 4.3GHz because it seems I can use at least 0.075V less to keep it stable (haven't pushed it lower yet) and even with ambient temperatures pushing 30ºC (about 10ºC higher than when I was using my H50 on push-pull), ↑ clock speeds and ↑ 0.15-0.2V, I'm averaging 15ºC lower temps!

Shame about the outlay :(

I've just had to downclock my 8800GT again too :( Following the blown capacitor from the shed folder, I'm wary of temps pushing over 100ºC. I'd already set Core and Memory to minimum; now I've had to drop Shader down to 1700. It seems I may need to de-dustify it!

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah WC is great, my rig inside I've barely noticed any change in the temps. The shed folder reached temps of 92c today which isn't too bad, I'm considering just keeping 3 GPUs running over summer :(

Associate
Decided as it was warm yesterday to add another fan to the computer. Trouble is it's not really helped the temps, the fan was attached to an 8800 Ultra :D

Back
Top Bottom