DAN A4-SFX (Fanless mITX)

Associate
The link is here http://lianli-online.jp/shopdetail/000000000134 but I did give the answer in the last post. The answer is ~US$100... I guess maybe these are really hard to make?

Apologies, totally misunderstood, thought you'd found a Lian-Li made alternative to the Dan Case for $100. Explains why I couldn't find the same! :rolleyes:

There could be a business opportunity here for someone to commission a company to produce a cheaper cable and broker a deal with Dan and other small case designers. I'm sure Dan has looked into this but may not have the manufacturing contacts some other well-placed enterprising spark may have. Sadly that wouldn't be me.

Associate
Re-reading what I wrote, I totally understand how you would misinterprete. Sorry for not making it clear. As for the riser, if Lian Li can't make it meaningfully cheaper with their volume, I don't think other companies can make it meaningfully cheaper either.

Associate
Re-reading what I wrote, I totally understand how you would misinterprete. Sorry for not making it clear. As for the riser, if Lian Li can't make it meaningfully cheaper with their volume, I don't think other companies can make it meaningfully cheaper either.

I may be misunderstanding the tech requirement (again, very probable) but a quick Google search identifies a number of companies (including reputable names like Thermaltek [sp?]) selling what appears to be similar PCI extensions for £40 or less. I'm probably missing something. Is an "extension" different to a "riser"? Perhaps. I hope so.

Thanks again for helping me understand all this design detail! V interesting, and will hopefully stop me from spending silly money on a chassis I don't need.

Associate
I may be misunderstanding the tech requirement (again, very probable) but a quick Google search identifies a number of companies (including reputable names like Thermaltek [sp?]) selling what appears to be similar PCI extensions for £40 or less. I'm probably missing something. Is an "extension" different to a "riser"? Perhaps. I hope so.

Thanks again for helping me understand all this design detail! V interesting, and will hopefully stop me from spending silly money on a chassis I don't need.

They are ribbon cables, not twin axial.

In short ribbon = very unreliable. Some users can get 16x PCIe speed, many can't even get them to work, including the ThermalTake.

It wasn't a problem back in the days. But 16x PCIe requires a lot of bandwidth and the slightest EMI interference will basically **** everything up.

Back
Top Bottom