1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dan A4-SFX V4 Mini-ITX Case

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by wookiee87, Oct 31, 2019.

1. martin363

Gangster

I had some made for the Dan, and then painted them. I now use it as an office machine so sombre… and small :)

[​IMG]

2. wookiee87

Gangster

good news the case has shipped XD

3. s k

Associate

Love the look of this case, I ended up going for a louqe ghost s1

4. khemist

Mobster

Did you get it delivered yet?.

5. s k

Associate

Yeah, I bought it second hand though

6. khemist

Mobster

Have you done a build in it yet?, seems like a nice little case but i think the Mjolnir is the one for me.

Might be a while before i do a build in it but i really want to pick one up.

7. s k

Associate

Yeah, made lots of mistakes though.
    The mjolnir looks amazing and so does the sidearmd t1

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  8. khemist

Mobster

I think i might start a collection of these neat little cases, i want them all!.

9. wookiee87

Gangster

lol if you have the money why not :), got shipping noticitcation from nvidia for my 2070 super should be here tomorrow, case has been shipped also but will take around 1-2 weeks from all acounts to arrive, thats the only thing i really need at this point using my pc out of a case, proping it up on the mobo box with everything attached, looks super ugly wires bloody everyware XD

10. martin363

Gangster

Have you gone for any custom cables? or are you using the standard and seeing how it goes?

11. wookiee87

Gangster

will be using standard cables first but in talks with cablemod to get a really short set if needed

12. martin363

Gangster

I found the space between the PSU and the fan / AIO to be very very tight, though the modular cable plugs were in some ways the biggest issue, and then bending the cables to ensure they didn't snag the fan. I had a wire fan guard, but could not use this with the modular plugs, too tight. ironically I wonder if a non-modular supply would actually be better. but that is the fun and the challenge, making it work. Is very satisfying when it does and you are happy with it.

13. wookiee87

Gangster

it does look tight between the psu and aio but looking online there are ways to make it fit, primarily the 24 pin can be routed into the gpu chamber then brought back into the mobo area to plug in, also to split the cables too, have a bunch go into the second chamber where the gpu lies is quite good.

hell cablemod may have shorter modular ends which if they do that will help no end with clearance issues, time will tell

EDIT

case has arrived in the uk :) just awaiting customs checks and pay vat, hopefully wont take took long to clear, everything bar the case is ready to go, have to say the 2070s is a really good combo with my 3900x easily hitting 120fps at 1440p ultra in most games and staying pretty cool (60 degrees, with a 2ghz core and +800 on ram)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019 at 8:22 AM
  14. wookiee87

Gangster

good news all, case has cleared customs and charges have been paid £42 :(
    it's out for delivery and wont be long, have a new dual channel lpx set of 32gb dims arriving tommorow as my dominators will stop the case side fitting as the aio pipes wont have room to fit, timmings on the new kit are slow 18,22,22,42 but with some tweaking i should be able to tighten them up, also 2 new noctua 92mm fans for the rad and a intake under the mobo area on the base of the case.

my rtx 2070 super was a good choice as i've been able to hit over 2ghz core and added an extra 800 on the ram clock, gaming at 1440p is still pleasent(110fps) but not at the 165fps i had before with the 2080ti, no matter though anything above 100fps ultra details is still a solid experience :)

15. khemist

Mobster

Sounds good!, i'm not so sure on the Mjolnir case now as it might be another 4-5 months before the case is actually shipped so might get an A4 after all.