Dan A4-SFX V4 Mini-ITX Case

Soldato
Only disappointment with the Ncase for me is that the TG side panel still isn't ready, and will be sold by a third party when it is. So separate postage costs & separate customs fees. Instead of $50 (which is already pricey), could easily wind up being £70.

Might look in to the viability of making my own, as the Ncase is pretty much the best of these small cases.

Soldato
Maybe we should start another thread for the Ncase m1 now that they seem to be in stock, i'm sure there will be a few people here picking one up here.

Soldato
Maybe we should start another thread for the Ncase m1 now that they seem to be in stock, i'm sure there will be a few people here picking one up here.

Sounds like a good idea. Ordered a silver V6.1 myself so would be interesting to see what cooling options / configs people are going for.

Soldato
OP
@wookiee87 if you're still about, how is the A4 treating you? I'm very tempted to pre-order!

i'm still here and rocking out with my dan a4, temps are really good now after tuning the gpu, set a lower power target 70% and the card hits just under 60 degrees whilst maintaing 120fps at 1440p, regarding my 3900x its at stock with pbo and hits around 4.4ghz at full chat and temp wise just over 72 is the most i've seen, mosttly in the mid 60's during gaming. got the astek 645l 92mm aio installed to :)

if your looking for the ultimate in small form factor then the dan a4 is your choice, tuning is needed but hell its worth it in the end.

also added a corsair mp600 pcie gen 4 ssd and its an absolute beast

Soldato
i'm still here and rocking out with my dan a4, temps are really good now after tuning the gpu, set a lower power target 70% and the card hits just under 60 degrees whilst maintaing 120fps at 1440p, regarding my 3900x its at stock with pbo and hits around 4.4ghz at full chat and temp wise just over 72 is the most i've seen, mosttly in the mid 60's during gaming. got the astek 645l 92mm aio installed to :)

if your looking for the ultimate in small form factor then the dan a4 is your choice, tuning is needed but hell its worth it in the end.

also added a corsair mp600 pcie gen 4 ssd and its an absolute beast
Awesome, really appreciate the feedback! Yeah, I'd go for the Asetek unit alright - it should cope nicely with a 3700X. How has the Strix been for you?

Soldato
OP
Awesome, really appreciate the feedback! Yeah, I'd go for the Asetek unit alright - it should cope nicely with a 3700X. How has the Strix been for you?

not gonna lie did have problems with the board heating up, if you look back at my pictures you'll see a extra 92mm fan cable tied directly above the aio, yes does look a bit ugly but its kinda needed, without a fan my chipset would easily hit 80 degrees which is ok but too warm for me, soon as i added a fan the chipset droped to around 55 degrees which is a lot better, overclocking wise it seems to be great, i could push around 4.3ghz all core but because the aio is soo small it gets overwhelmed super fast, if your going for a 3700x you'll be good as thats a 65w chip which is the cooloing capacity for the 92mm aio :).

one more thing fitting the aio and the psu is really not fun at all took me a good few hours to get everythinng routed and needed to flatten the psu cables, not doing so will put presure on the aio fan and stop it from turning, i found it easier to install everything but the gpu, that way you have access to the fan to check it spins uninpeaded before installing a gpu.

dont get me wrong planning is needed and paitence too, it will be a good couple of hours to build, but the pay off is well worth it :)

Associate
Really tempted to get this case, was looking at this or an a Ncase M1 ,

but will a EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC HYBRID GAMING, 08G-P4-3178-KP, 8GB GDDR6, WATERCOOLED Fit with a Ryzen 3600 system air-cooled and a Corsair sfx 750 ? It’s a lot of money for a case, but do love seeing these SFF builds,

I currently have the above GPU sat in my Alienware amplifier aka egpu, but been thinking of a SFF build for a while

Soldato
Really tempted to get this case, was looking at this or an a Ncase M1 ,

but will a EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC HYBRID GAMING, 08G-P4-3178-KP, 8GB GDDR6, WATERCOOLED Fit with a Ryzen 3600 system air-cooled and a Corsair sfx 750 ? It’s a lot of money for a case, but do love seeing these SFF builds,

I currently have the above GPU sat in my Alienware amplifier aka egpu, but been thinking of a SFF build for a while

The A4 only supports a 92mm fan/cooler, so it won't accommodate the EVGA Hybrid cooler, I'm afraid.

Associate
I have a Ghost, Best case I have ever had - can't recommend it highly enough. (I also have a Dan). Turn the internals upside down so the fan is at the top and you don't even need to use a top hat to get reasonable cooling.

KxTEco2l.jpg

What CPU and GPU are you running and have you tested temps?

Waited to get my hands on a ghost for months and they're finally in stock in Germany so if temps are fine then I'll be grabbing one.

Associate

Waited to get my hands on a ghost for months and they're finally in stock in Germany so if temps are fine then I'll be grabbing one.
9700k @4.9ghz using a Big Shuriken 2 cooler and a EVGA XC 2080. Temps are good unless I run something like Realbench for 30 mins on the OC CPU.

CPU @4.9ghz
idle, 32c av. (Room is AC at 22c)
Gaming, 55c to 70c typically
Realbench, 90+c after 10 mins

I can't remember my voltages, but have a voltage underclock with offset at -0.4v from memory.

GPU
idle 50c (and fans off until 55c).
Gaming and Heaven, 78c max when heat soaked

The system is dead quiet and I love it. Turning the case upside down as I have cooled the system by about 5c with the fan extracting at the top, and I think works really well. If I remove the OC on the CPU Realbench temps drop about 10c to about 80+c and remain there. I have been running it this way for about 6 months now, no issues.

I love the case and am also looking to buy a second one to replace the Dan A4 that my work system is in.

Can't recommend the Ghost highly enough, but does need planning and tweaking dependant on needs. I don't encode vids for example etc.

Associate

Out of interest, where is it available in Germany?

Edit- ignore me, I just purchased a Limestone one from the US. For me they are that good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom