Dark Souls remaster! It's happening

Soldato
Seems to be plastered all over Twitter, rumoured to be announced via a Nintendo direct but also to be coming to all systems.

I would love to replay the first game with sharper visuals and maybe the combat/mechanics from ds3.

Fingers crossed

**confirmed for all platforms. Yay

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't see much point in remasters from a PC perspective for games that still work ok.

It's ok for the consoles: being able to play some of the classics.

DS has great art-style, but wasn't exactly cutting edge graphically even when new.

Soldato
OP
Don't see much point in remasters from a PC perspective for games that still work ok.

It's ok for the consoles: being able to play some of the classics.

DS has great art-style, but wasn't exactly cutting edge graphically even when new.

Yea it still looks good in it's own way. I think updated assets etc would be nice. If it's not a complete overhaul, they may do an upgrade offer on steam like we have seen in the past.

Game is old though and remaster to me implies the works. But yea that's hardly ever the case

They have used the classic buzzwords on the psblog. 4k, 60fps, HDR. So that's something. I would like them to update the gameplay to the same level as souls 3. Felt really refined and going back to souls 1 was a bit painful afterwarda

Soldato
DS on the Switch will be nice (depends on performance), but unless they actually finish the last half of the game I probably won't buy it on PC unless it's heavily discounted.

Those hoping for Demon's Souls; no chance. Unless Sony foots the bill, Dark Souls will be a much more profitable option considering it won't be exclusive to PS4.

Soldato
OP
DS on the Switch will be nice (depends on performance), but unless they actually finish the last half of the game I probably won't buy it on PC unless it's heavily discounted.

Those hoping for Demon's Souls; no chance. Unless Sony foots the bill, Dark Souls will be a much more profitable option considering it won't be exclusive to PS4.

Yea that fire area, 'Lost something or other' was terrible. Felt stapled together and rushed compared to what came before it!

*remaster said to be running in the DS3 engine so maybe this is the proper deal then, not just a res slider increase and pooped back out ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Finished 2, 3 and bb but barely played dark souls. Not sure I can take another one

I'll admit after BB I was happy if they didn't do more for ages because it felt like too much of a good thing, then they announced 3. It was a good game sure, but felt a bit fatigued at the time. This one gets a free pass from me though as the original is one of the best game I've ever played and I would love to revisit it. I do recommend it, the map in the original is by far the best of the series

Soldato
Steam owners get a 50% off loyalty bonus so $19.99 will be UK price converted to £££ at the time I guess around £14.99. I hope they use the DS3 game engine as that is a massive upgrade visually over DS1 game engine & will make the base game look fantastic. The DS1 visuals are a little ropey looking nowadays @ 4K so upgrading the game engine would make it look amazing as DS3 looks great @ 4K :)

Here is the official Namco announcement trailer for all platforms:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yVOMHz9luo

Soldato
OP
Steam owners get a 50% off loyalty bonus so $19.99 will be UK price converted to £££ at the time I guess around £14.99. I hope they use the DS3 game engine as that is a massive upgrade visually over DS1 game engine & will make the base game look fantastic. The DS1 visuals are a little ropey looking nowadays @ 4K so upgrading the game engine would make it look amazing as DS3 looks great @ 4K :)

Here is the official Namco announcement trailer for all platforms:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yVOMHz9luo

The 50% off is interesting! Where was that announced then? Missed it!

Soldato
it's on the original game's Steam page as well now

http://steamcommunity.com/games/211420/announcements/detail/1605964209075257581

We meet again, Chosen Undead.

A time of great renewal is at hand. A time of change. Lordran will be reborn. Prepare yourselves...

31444dc4703f36dd2eb2c583be2be6f201129278.jpg

Dark Souls: Remastered will arrive on Steam on May 25. The original, unforgettable gameplay and lore will return in high-definition detail running at 60fps and 4k resolution. Rediscover the journey to rekindle the flame and dive deeper into the darkening world than ever before.

Further details will be revealed as the future unfolds. Ready your weapons, champions of the flame, and share your plans with your kindred warriors. Together, you are mightier than you are alone.

Back
Top Bottom