Dark Souls REMASTERED

Soldato
No, you need the Depths key.

You can skip the depths altogether with the method mentioned, pretty sure. I went the proper way this time but in old runs I swear I never bothered with the depths

*had me double checking, thought I was mad. From the wiki

Either way for a first time playthrough, the depths is the way to go. I enjoyed revisiting that area.

Soldato
OP
You can skip the depths altogether with the method mentioned, pretty sure. I went the proper way this time but in old runs I swear I never bothered with the depths

*had me double checking, thought I was mad. From the wiki

Either way for a first time playthrough, the depths is the way to go. I enjoyed revisiting that area.

True, but I assumed the guy was talking about getting into the depths and that someone said the master key can be used to access them. I don't know why someone would not take out the capra demon and access one of the best areas/boss in the game, and miss out most of Blightown. Imagine the loot you'd miss, you could access all of Blightown from that entry point but I just would not do it or recommend it. Still, yes you can bypass the depths therefore the capra demon to advance. Would you do that though?

Caporegime
There's so little story communicated to the player, that I didn't realise a knight I had saved from a cell in the Cathedral (near the first bell) ended up killing the Firekeeper at Firelink Shrine.

Anyway, a black orb was vibrating near the bosses in Anor Londo, so I used it and 'invaded' the knight and managed to kill him on the second occasion. He dropped a fire keeper soul and I didn't think anything of it so upgraded my Estus flask at the nearby NPC in Anor Londo.

Turns out that was the girls soul and I could have bought her back to life! Whoops.

I also killed Solaire of Astora early in the game and it looks like he would have been available to help with lots of boss fights, so I've effectively made the game even harder.

Soldato
True, but I assumed the guy was talking about getting into the depths and that someone said the master key can be used to access them. I don't know why someone would not take out the capra demon and access one of the best areas/boss in the game, and miss out most of Blightown. Imagine the loot you'd miss, you could access all of Blightown from that entry point but I just would not do it or recommend it. Still, yes you can bypass the depths therefore the capra demon to advance. Would you do that though?

As I say I wouldn't recommend skipping It, especially a first time through for the same reasons you mention :) but for NG+ or trophy hunting in later playthroughs, the option speeds the game up a bit

Soldato
There's so little story communicated to the player, that I didn't realise a knight I had saved from a cell in the Cathedral (near the first bell) ended up killing the Firekeeper at Firelink Shrine.

Anyway, a black orb was vibrating near the bosses in Anor Londo, so I used it and 'invaded' the knight and managed to kill him on the second occasion. He dropped a fire keeper soul and I didn't think anything of it so upgraded my Estus flask at the nearby NPC in Anor Londo.

Turns out that was the girls soul and I could have bought her back to life! Whoops.

I also killed Solaire of Astora early in the game and it looks like he would have been available to help with lots of boss fights, so I've effectively made the game even harder.

Well done for invading him and taking him out though, such a vague story line there and easily missable.

Caporegime
I'm reading up on areas after I've done them, so as not to spoil them. I did go through that painting by the way, quite early in the level and I wish I hadn't as it took me a long time and many deaths to get through it...I didn't have many arrows or any humanity but I managed to find enough in the level to at least kindle the fire so I had 10 Estus flasks instead of 5.

Not sure where all this lore about NPC's and areas comes from though. I'm not really getting it from the game...are later Dark Souls games all linked?

Associate
Bought the game after playing it before on PC

Going for an STR build this time and managed to get a black knight halberd. I must say it is very OP at early stages. Capra Demon just melted in 3-4 hits whereas before I had to cheese him throwing dung pods :D

Soldato
Bought the game after playing it before on PC

Going for an STR build this time and managed to get a black knight halberd. I must say it is very OP at early stages. Capra Demon just melted in 3-4 hits whereas before I had to cheese him throwing dung pods :D

I really wanted that weapon but didn't drop for me, will farm one towards the end game

Associate
I was not expecting it to drop too as I initially wanted the black knight sword or greatsword but neither dropped from the knights in parish/undead burg.

Currently on medium roll with some elite/eastern armor. Hard to get used to as fast roll is very useful.

Back
Top Bottom