Dark Tourist (Documentary Series)

Man of Honour
Just caught a couple of episodes of this on Netflix and very much enjoyed it. Thought it would be right up your collective alley (oooh errr) - you sickos!

Basically the host goes round the world and sees some sights / meets people that are a bit dubious, providing some of his own raw feelings as he goes in a pseudo-Theroux style. Half watched the first episode (which admittedly seemed rather scripted / staged in parts) but the second episode in Japan, was really quite good and actually made me feel a bit guilty for watching it. Rather alarming and uncomfortable when they are using those giger counters :eek:

So yes, worth a punt if you’re curious.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've downloaded them to my iPad for when I'm staying in a hotel this week, did watch the 1st episode and found the bodyguard/hitman slightly strange, happy to talk and brag about his killings but insisting he'd changed and then to act out a 'hit' as if he was on telly?!?

Interested to see the rest of the series and hopefully it gets better.

Caporegime
Just watched the second episode. From what I can find, US radiation workers are allowed a dose limit of 50 millisieverts in one year, and that the lowest one year dose linked to a high increase in cancer risk would be 100 millisieverts. At one point him and the group were receiving 7 millisieverts per hour!

I can't imagine anyone is going to want to move back there any time soon, no matter how much the government claims it is becoming safe.

Caporegime
A robot dinosaur hotel, in a dutch town, in Japan.

Why didn't I know about this! Must go back to Japan.

The same guy has also down a documentary called 'Tickled' and its very very weird and good. A must watch if you like weird stuff.

Soldato
So finished this today and overall I quite enjoyed it, wouldn't want to do any of the things he visited to be honest.

If he does another series I shall probably watch it as well.

Permabanned
The 'host' is pretty poor if you ask me. Only watch the first episode but he wasn't very good at all. Poor man's Louis Theroux.

Indeed. He didn't engage me at any point in the few episodes I watched.

The reason Louis has done so well is because he doesn't just host the show. He probes and prods at the appropriate times. I felt this guy could have been replaced by pretty much anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom