Dashcams!

Soldato
Just looked like a tool trying to pull out instead of having to wait. Cash for crash like you to rear end them lol
That was the intention, the BMW causes distraction so when your beeping and looking out your right window at the idiot BMW driver you smash into the pug who suspiciously decided to stop dead right at the round a bout exit.

Soldato
That was the intention, the BMW causes distraction so when your beeping and looking out your right window at the idiot BMW driver you smash into the pug who suspiciously decided to stop dead right at the round a bout exit.
When I first watched it I only saw the brake lights coming when the horn was papped so assumed they stopped thinking there was an issue, watching it back you can see the car driving really slow even before they brake so you’re probably right, sneaky!

Associate
Just opened the 312GW I got for christmas. Plugged it in and I get a blue light and nothing else. Tried unplugging it and pressing the reset button several times (no card in the camera yet) and still no joy. Any suggestions?

Associate
USB lead. Tried both connecting to my pc and my ipad charger. Left it plugged in for 30 mins and still no signs of life other than the power light. Think it'll have to go back

Soldato
Does the 312GW have a battery or super capacitor? If it's a battery then it might need longer than 30 min's to charge up.
**Edit**
Seems as if it's a battery. Taken from Nextbase site:
https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/dash-cam-features/battery/

It is highly recommended before first use to charge the Dash Cam for up to 2 hours. This gives the internal battery a full, uninterrupted charge.

Associate
Does the 312GW have a battery or super capacitor? If it's a battery then it might need longer than 30 min's to charge up.
**Edit**
Seems as if it's a battery. Taken from Nextbase site:
https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/dash-cam-features/battery/

Well it’s been plugged in for over 4 hours now and still dead. Surely it’s should still power on while charging anyway. I also noticed that it didn’t feel warm while charging. I’ve printed out the return label now. Looking st the reviews on Amazon it looks like a lot of people have problems with it freezing, failing to record and refusing to turn on. I’ll replace it with another make at some point

Associate
USB lead. Tried both connecting to my pc and my ipad charger. Left it plugged in for 30 mins and still no signs of life other than the power light. Think it'll have to go back

USB lead connection is usually on most cameras with an additional power socket only for data transfer. It needs to be the power lead for it to operate properly.

Transmission breaker
Don
I actually pulled some footage from my camera today, one of the rare times I would actually do so! I wanted to check if the meteor I saw was actually real, and I was not being a nut job :D
I think thats 4 times I have pulled footage since I got the cam in October 2014. Clearly I am a dash-cam nutter ;)

Soldato
I have front & rear cams, they weren't the cheapest and I paid someone to fit them for me.
With any kind of luck I'll never need or want to look at any footage during all the time I own them.

Caporegime
I actually pulled some footage from my camera today, one of the rare times I would actually do so! I wanted to check if the meteor I saw was actually real, and I was not being a nut job :D
I think thats 4 times I have pulled footage since I got the cam in October 2014. Clearly I am a dash-cam nutter ;)

Nut job status = ?

Associate
Hello
Long time lurker here
Does anyone have any experience of the advanced car eye 2.0 dash camera ?
Was thinking of having it fitted to an X3 that was recently purchased, did look at others makes etc but was tempted by this due to warranty issues etc?
Wanted some actual experience of the dash cam before we commit.
Thanks

Soldato
I've spray painted it black, the grey was a little too glaring.

Ive got the same cam, not sure if you've noticed but they draw a hec of a lot of power, if I leave it in my car on for more than 3 or 4 days it kills the battery and then im stuffed as I cant open the bonnet lol, which is fine if you use your car daily etc but as I use mine once a week if I forget to unplug it then I have to call the aa.... and no its not the battery as since fitting a nextbnase 312gw its been fine leaving it over a week (my car unfortunately has a constant live)

Back
Top Bottom