DDC 3.2 Pwm pump to D5

Associate
So as of a few days ago my DDC pump has died, I am looking at buying a d5 pump to replace it.. If there a way of swapping from the DDC to the d5 without purchasing a whole new pump/res combo? Thanks!

Soldato
do you have a seperate res? then it should be easy.

if you are water cooling long term, I think a seperate pump and res is better than the combos - makes it much cheaper to replace

If you are on a budget, you could look at buying a replacement motor for your current ddc pump and just fixing it

Soldato
It's an older version to this https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-w...Sd5Ee9xQ0yUl3NMytJ-42d8SSowHmpohoCV4IQAvD_BwE

I'm on a fairly low budget at the moment, I cleaned it out day before yesturday and its worked for 2 days but now its stopped again. If you wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction for a new pump that would be amazing.

Thank you for the swift reply

Jack.

Afraid not for that res you linked. The mounting is designed have a DDC in the base. You cannot even use it as a standalone res. Not sure where you would just get a motor, but you can just get the standalone pump like so: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-ddc-3.2-pwm-12v-pwm-pump-wc-517-ek.html but OCUK have none in stock so may need to check around.

Associate
OP
So i just disconnected the PWM cable booted the pc and went into bios, the pump was running and temps were normal. Turned it off again and plugged the PWM back in and the pumps running now.. this is bugging me haha. I will definitely be purchasing some sort of pump in the days to come. Thank you for taking the time out of your evening to reply to this thread.

Thanks

Jack.

Associate
OP
Its actually not as bad as what people are saying everywhere, my case fans are louder haha! I am defiantly going to look at a new setup. Dont know if i want to trust this by leaving it on as a "just in case"

Back
Top Bottom