DDR4 choice for 13600k

Associate
What would you say was the sweet spot for DDR4 with a 13600k, as in speed. And any suggestions off what brand to buy, Currently using Patriot viper 4400 but I dont think it likes this cpu, or maybe the other way round.
Any help appreciated

You have very good RAM. Be happy and stop doubting your choice.
as I said, it did not run well with this cpu....something not right with it. I have actually changed it for teamgroup 8 pack edition 14cl 3600 ram and it runs a dream now....maybe a slower speed but the low latency makes such a difference, my pc is so fast now and I can not see much difference in games with fps. Now I just need to see if I can improve the temps on this cpu...it runs hot even with a custom loop, 60c on hell let loose lol

the viper 4400 i had is b-die ram and ran perfectly at xmp with my 12600k on this board, it just did not like the new cpu for some reason. The viper is now in my second pc with a 12100f cpu and is working great, no issues. I have bought the dark pro 8 pack edition 3600 cl14 ram and is working perfectly with my 13600k so The only thing I was saying is the viper did not get on very well with the 13600k, dont know why, probably a bios issue who knows ;)

I have found a video on you tube about a setting in bios that allows you to reduce temps, dont know if everyone else knows about it but thought I would post it here anyway just in case.

I have used it today and it has dropped my temps on cinebench r23 by 20c without any loss in performance, I was hitting up to 97c until i enabled this setting. Not sure if this is on all boards but I am on msi and it is

results after a few runs of cinebench, much better temps
I have seen no drop in performance during gaming but the cpu is a lot cooler running

hope this helps

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom