DDR5 AM5 Query for Gaming

Associate
Hi all, I'm pulling together the final components to a new AM5 build. I have the MSI Tomahawk motherboard (https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MAG-B650-TOMAHAWK-WIFI) and a 7700x CPU. I'll be primarily playing MW2 and maybe some 3D structural analysis for work. I have also recently purchased the ASRock 6900xt through OC (thank you for the discount). Looking to maximise frames at 1440p, would I be better with the following:

5600 CL36
6000 CL40

Given there is around £50 difference in price between the 5600 (£160ish) and 6000 (£210ish) at the cheaper end of the ranges for 2x16GB, would I see a performance gain incremental to the price, and what would the difference be? Any help much appreciated.

Happy to be spec'ed some RAM to go with the build if you have any good recommendations.

Cheers,
Jonny

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
OP

I've just picked up the Corsair Vengeance, similar timings but with EXPO for my AMD build. Much cheaper at OC than anywhere else, another bargain from OC! Also got the Thermaltake H570 to complete my build. If it all arrives tomorrow I'll be able to finally put it together after over a month of purchasing the components.

Back
Top Bottom