DDR5 running slow, can't use XMP profiles.

Associate
Hi there.

I have an Ason ROG z690 Formula, latest bios update, fitted with Corsair Dominator 5600. I'm unable to get the memory to run at it's full speed.

If I set Auto it runs at 4700. If I manually set the speed the max I can get to is 5000 but it seems a little unstable. Neither of the XMP options will post. I've done Windows mem tests and the bios mem tests, all is fine.

I don't know enough (yet) do try setting everything up manually, but before I start leaning all that, has anyone else had the same or similar problem?

4700 is over twice what I've been used to in my last machine, which is great, but I'd like it to be what I paid for.

Over to you folks.
Many thanks.

Associate
For mine at 6000 im running
vdd/vddq at 1.435
MC 1.3
SA .95

I get a few errors on memtest but ycruncher now completes. Im still working this out myself. I think my SA defaulted to around 1.1 and this was causing me lots of errors.

Associate
DRAM VDD changed from 1.25v to 1.275v
- DRAM VDDQ changed from 1.25v to 1.275v
- Memory Controller changed from "auto" to 1.3v
- CPU System Agent changed from "auto" to 1.25v
- IVR Transmitter VDDQ changed to 1.275v

try this, found this on another forum for your memory

Associate
On mine i just got a clean pass on memtest for 6000

1.4/1.4/1.3/0.9 - i actually think i was giving it too much juice and i was getting errors. Reduced my timmings also and knocked 3 seconds off Ycruncher for the default test.
Trying 1.3/1.3/1.3/0.9 now

Im guessing this stuff myself so if anyone has any tips im all ears

Soldato
Hi there.

I have an Ason ROG z690 Formula, latest bios update, fitted with Corsair Dominator 5600. I'm unable to get the memory to run at it's full speed.

If I set Auto it runs at 4700. If I manually set the speed the max I can get to is 5000 but it seems a little unstable. Neither of the XMP options will post. I've done Windows mem tests and the bios mem tests, all is fine.

I don't know enough (yet) do try setting everything up manually, but before I start leaning all that, has anyone else had the same or similar problem?

4700 is over twice what I've been used to in my last machine, which is great, but I'd like it to be what I paid for.

Over to you folks.
Many thanks.

You've bought a memory kit that's not currently supported by your motherboard.

Check the QVL list here > https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-z690-formula-model/helpdesk_qvl_memory

This doesn't show any Corsair 5600Mhz kits, meaning it's not been tested to be compatible, yet. This will likely change with a future BIOS update.

I'd return the RAM and buy a kit that's listed on the QVL page I linked above, it'll work out of the box when on latest BIOS.

Back
Top Bottom