DDR5 seems to be so confusing.

Associate
Im looking at getting the Ryzen 7 7800X3D along with the Gigabyte B650M AORUS ELITE AX ICE Motherboard but am really confused when it comes to which ram to pick.

Id read that the best ram to get was CL30 at 6000 but to be honest i have no idea what that means. Obviously I can match things to the speed and such, but would CL32 be much worse? What does CL represent, how important is it?

I would be greatful if someone could clear the waters a little bit and maybe offer a suggestion as to what ram i should get, im looking for a set of 2x16GB in white.

Thanks as allways.

just watch a couple of youtube videos, there are dozens of them explaining the very basics of RAM.

there is no one answer of which one is the best to get, most people on here have different kits and speeds.

RAM kits with close specs are near the same in performance.

i find it impossible to notice the difference between RAM kits without looking at benchmark results.

Im looking at getting the Ryzen 7 7800X3D along with the Gigabyte B650M AORUS ELITE AX ICE Motherboard but am really confused when it comes to which ram to pick.

Id read that the best ram to get was CL30 at 6000 but to be honest i have no idea what that means. Obviously I can match things to the speed and such, but would CL32 be much worse? What does CL represent, how important is it?

I would be greatful if someone could clear the waters a little bit and maybe offer a suggestion as to what ram i should get, im looking for a set of 2x16GB in white.

Thanks as allways.

The combination of 6000 mega transfers & CL30 latency is a good all-round choice and is also well priced. I have basically the same hardware as you with CL30 DDR5 and I don't feel the need to chase the single digit benchmark results faster RAM will achieve.

FYI: the X3Ds are not bothered about RAM speed compared to the non-X3Ds, so the real world difference is pretty marginal, especially if you're not playing at low resolution/settings. You're unlikely to notice the difference between pretty much any kit, but buying very slow memory doesn't really make sense just because the price benefit is minimal and it would limit your future re-use.

Before you commit go on the gigabyte website and check the "Qualified vendors list" which will show which ram is specifically tested to be compatible with that board.

Back
Top Bottom