dead pc

Associate
I am looking for wee bit of help and advice sorry not that good at getting my message across in writing but here goes .I use the system mainly for gaming and bit of mining

I have a pc with following specs i5 2500k 3.3.ghz
2 zotac 1080 ti blowers ( NOT IN SLI )
1 OCZ 750W PSU
1 TB HARD DRIVE
1 120GB SSD
USING 2 MONITORS
1 21" 1080P - 1 Asus ROG 27 inch 2k v-sync

computer has been running fine upto 2 weeks ago
issues
1.time clock wrong when I reset it changed out of sync by few hours again
2.slow unresponsive opening and closing of windows
3.when trying to set factory overclock in Asus bio when restarts it turns back down
4.some times when loading took me in to another window something like a black screens mega trends not sure the name of it but you would then have to hit f12 takes you to the bios and then you can load the system that way
5. just started few days it started saying out of memory said please shut down other programs this was while I was gaming on squad and PUBG

the death - I had switched the pc on it was mining crypto at the time fans on full and GPU's were sitting at 69 and 62 degrees

I came back a hour later to a slight smell of burning and pc was off and wont restart no fans no bleeps nothing
I have taken side panel off an there is a led that flashes once when you try and start

this is what i have tried so far

disconnected the power supply left and tried a restart led flash on motherboard only
checked extension plugs computer plugged in with work changed fuse on power supply plug
tried removing ram one at a time and tried a restart
removed both GPU's and tried restart with on-board graphics and still no change

thanks for reading any advice appreciated

Soldato
Thanks for the reply's

I bought the psu in 2013
The OCZ PSU brand was never that great tbh, along with everything else they produced. It could also be something just failing but the first bet would be PSU and you don't wanna be starting to try running on a dodgy PSU.

Soldato
Unless having scope to check PSU I wouldn't try starting PC with it.
Most OCZs used cheap parts and that's definitely full age for cheap component PSU.
Especially with that mining easily giving lots of power on hours with considerable load.

Associate
OP
ok thanks guys i have now changed this over and we have life ;)
unfortaulty when i played sqaud i hada simliar error message about running out of memory the only this else that was open was discord any ideas?

Soldato
ok thanks guys i have now changed this over and we have life ;)
unfortaulty when i played sqaud i hada simliar error message about running out of memory the only this else that was open was discord any ideas?
So primary culprit was certainly PSU.

Now question is if it wore down something else or there's some hardware or software conflict.
Besides testing RAM and maybe checking BIOS settings for it does Event Viewer show any other errors for time of that error?

Back
Top Bottom