Dead pixels on Dell 2405 after using xbox 360

Associate
Dudes

anyone have the same issue as me after using my dell 2405 with my xbox 360
the screen now has dead pixels. Been using the xbox 360 on the screen since December 05

Screen had been dead pixel free for over 10 months

4 dead pixels ( red ) can anything be done to get rid of these.

(edit)

just tried all the things that one try's when trying to bring back life to the pixel....no joy :(

Last edited:

Mud

Mud

Soldato
Ring up Dell and get a refurb replacement...I can't think how the 360 could've caused them though (I use this combo and haven't suffered, the screen is about 6months old and the 360 I've had since launch.

Caporegime
They are technically stuck not dead, you can download a free program which rapidly changes the screen colour from red to blue to green, that usually fixes this sort of problem.

Associate
OP
Dell are replacing with a brand new screen after getting advice from my credit card company.

I paid a lot of money £800 a screen last year April, no way having a refurb replacement

After checking the screen there was 6 pixels stuck/dead on Red

Associate
Energize said:
They are technically stuck not dead, you can download a free program which rapidly changes the screen colour from red to blue to green, that usually fixes this sort of problem.

could you tell us what the program is and where to download it ??? thanks

Associate
Energize said:

Stop with that No swearing! already. If i hear someone else say you can rub a stuck pixel back to life or run some stupid azz program that changes between colours rapidly im gona scream. I am guessing here but if anyone actually has suceeded in doing this then they amount to about to about 0.001% of lcd owners out there but wouldn't surprise me if it was just dust they wiped off the screen. :rolleyes:

Soldato
okcpu said:
Stop with that **** already. If i hear someone else say you can rub a stuck pixel back to life or run some stupid azz program that changes between colours rapidly im gona scream. I am guessing here but if anyone actually has suceeded in doing this then they amount to about to about 0.001% of lcd owners out there but wouldn't surprise me if it was just dust they wiped off the screen. :rolleyes:

I cured a dead pixel on my 2005fpw by gently flicking it.

It *can* work sometimes.

(Also the poster certainly didn't deserve a " :rolleyes: " for just trying to help someone out. In fact you deserve one for that type of abrasive attitude and not reading the forums rules! Ie. Swearies have to be FULLY starred out.)

Last edited:
Caporegime
okcpu said:
Stop with that **** already. If i hear someone else say you can rub a stuck pixel back to life or run some stupid azz program that changes between colours rapidly im gona scream. I am guessing here but if anyone actually has suceeded in doing this then they amount to about to about 0.001% of lcd owners out there but wouldn't surprise me if it was just dust they wiped off the screen. :rolleyes:

The program does work, I have used it to fix dead pixels on my psp and so have countless others. Do some research before you post please.

Man of Honour
okcpu said:
Stop with that No swearing! already. If i hear someone else say you can rub a stuck pixel back to life or run some stupid azz program that changes between colours rapidly im gona scream. I am guessing here but if anyone actually has suceeded in doing this then they amount to about to about 0.001% of lcd owners out there but wouldn't surprise me if it was just dust they wiped off the screen. :rolleyes:

please refrain from this type of posting. He was only trying to help and as has been said above, some people have had some luck with programs like this. If pixels are not stuck / dead when you receive the screen first of all then they can often just be lazy. sometimes fast moving screens (which is what that prog simulates) and some massaging, and flicking can help bring them back to life. It certainly won't work for everyone, and if you get a screen which comes with pixel issues then you're unlikely to have much luck since they are probably fully dead pixels / sub pixels from the manufacturing stage.

Associate
Haha, man i came across bad there. Sorry, call that a mood swing :D
I still stand by what i said but i am hoping livestrong tries these suggestions as by the sound of it he has 5 good attempts to prove me wrong. Odds should be in his favour ;)

Associate
OP
Thanks guys for the help and advice, Dell will be sending DHL to collect the screen on Monday.

Promised by Dell will have the new screen by the end of next week.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom