Dead Space - woh ho!

Associate
Yeah, I'm a year late on picking up this game but I just needed to post here - what a game! I'm not a fan of survival horror but it's definitely made a mark after just one hour of game-play.

I've seen that I can get it for the PC for ~£12, and I've been getting bored of Fallout + its expansions (75 hours in) but realised that we had a copy for PS3 in our games library at work. So I'm playing it on my PS3 at work at lunch today with a few bods around my desk watching me (my headphones are on) and I'm in an open-plan office. After the first monster that plays dead comes alive in front of me and I flail around trying to kill it I end up yelling "stamp on that ******!" across the office...not good!
I'm now playing on my PS3 at home, yet I just have to turn if off as I keep yelling "**** me!" at the screen, waking up my house-mates!

If you've not yet picked this up, it's well worth a go. They've got the atmosphere sorted to a T. Within a matter of minutes of starting the game you're on the edge of your seat! The musical score in the background will really set your nerves on edge.
Not bad for £12 (or free in my case).

Associate
OP
Ha, sorry about the delay :)
I haven't been able to play for a couple of days as I've been at my g/f's house :( In fact she's gonna be round tonight so I'm gonna have to play whilst she's asleep! I've been watching that animated film, Dead Space Downfall - it's very good! I'm looking forward to get back into the game.

Btw I'm a games programmer (well I actually write low-level tech, not the games) hence the work PS3 and the games library!

Associate
OP
Play whilst she sleeps! SMASH HER PASTIE!!

lol, just ask her mate, order dominos and be like "hey, lets have a lazy eve in and eat dominos.... mind if i stick the 360 on?"

Simple win :)

ags
Hmm - I once broke out my PSP whilst she was watching Eastenders (can't stand the show) and I didn't get a good reaction! So I had to watch people arguing for half an hour instead.

Associate
OP
I still didn't get to play the game at the weekend! I did see Pandorum though, which kinda put the willies in me (heh). For those who've actually played it, a couple of questions
- what's the point of the stasis/slow down thing? Do you use it on bad guys or simply on puzzles?
- I'm creeping through the game - how long will it take to complete the game? I've made it to the second level and it's taken me an hour.
- what's with the charging up air thing? How many levels actually have no air? Is it worth upgrading the air asap?

Associate
OP
I finally got another go this eve and loved every minute of it! Again, the sound effects and music are the best part of the game and totally make the atmosphere - at one point some monsters hid behind a door - where I couldn't find them - and the music kept getting faster and faster! I'm all like "shut up so I can think straight!"
Still had to pack it in ten mins ago for fear of waking people up with all the swearing :D

Back
Top Bottom