Deadpool 3 - Coming 2024

How so? Jackman as Wolverine's been in way more bad films than good ones

Regardless of whatever views you had on him in the past this movie more than makes up for it. He really did make the Wolverine role his own just like RDJ did to Iron Man.

Last edited:
Smashed past $545m globally in just 5 days which means it's probably broke even by now based on a $200m "reported" budget which, when you x2.5 for marketing, reshoots etc, makes it about a $500m est "real" budget.
Advertising Gold

Last edited:
Will see how much legs it’s got, there’s a suspicion it might drop off pretty quick as people might be rushing out to see it before spoilers are everywhere.

Will see how much legs it’s got, there’s a suspicion it might drop off pretty quick as people might be rushing out to see it before spoilers are everywhere.
I know several people who are going to watch it a second time. If I get a chance I might too. So that could give it a little more legs. This film is the only one I really wanted to see in the cinema this year. There were a couple earlier in the year but cinema prices put me off. But in the case of DPvW I just wanted to throw my money at them :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo
Thought this was excellent and was beyond all expectations.

Full of action, humour, easter eggs, cameos.

Wolverine in his yellow suit and the face cover reveal was awesome.

Best of the Deadpools.

Last edited:
How so? Jackman as Wolverine's been in way more bad films than good ones
The fact that an actor and a character have been in bad films is not a sign the people don't like them...

My brother in law and younger brother have been huge Wolverine fans since the early 90's, they tended to think his appearance in the various X-men films wasn't great, but that Jackman played the character very well, and they loved Logan where for the first time Jackman as Wolverine was able to actually play him in line with the comics. I very much doubt they were alone in that feeling.
Basically in the comic book/cartoon fandom Wolverine was big, but let down by the films until Logan.

Deadpool is slightly weirder, IIRC pretty much a niche character that actually got cancelled at least once, but his fandom was pretty devoted and he had some absolutely great writers in the comics who really fleshed out his character (IIRC RR had several of those writers* up on the red carpet with him), and RR turned out to be the ideal actor to play him once they finally started looking at a DP film, largely in desperation I suspect, as at that point Marvel hadn't got the film rights for most of it's best known characters. I think people really wanted a Marvel type film where they actually had blood, and swearing, and something approaching the darker humour found in some of Marvels best short run comics etc and DP was the perfect character for that*.

Put the two together and you've got a film that has people like myself, who were pretty much tired of yet another Marvel film actually excited for it, because it's two characters who are great fun, being played by two actors who are finally getting to play the characters as the fans from the comics know them.

It probably says something about how Wolverine had been in most of the films that IIRC back before Logan was released Jackman said something like Logan was the last time he'd be willing to do the character unless it was with DP (at the time I think it was mainly a joke as no one expected the execs to allow it).

*It's similar to how they ended up with the Guardians line up from memory, as GoG were not a top tier marvel property and they ended up using characters that themselves were not necessarily the best known Guardians.

Last edited:
RR turned out to be the ideal actor to play him once they finally started looking at a DP film, largely in desperation I suspect, as at that point Marvel hadn't got the film rights for most of it's best known characters.
Marvel didn't make Deadpool until this one, they were Fox.

I liked it, i didn't love it.

The good.

A ton of jokes, non-stop, absolutely non-stop. Some I found funny but I don't think all of them landed for me. Very far-reaching jokes which I didn't think they would make about Disney. Lots of 4th wall breaking, lots of homage and references to pop culture.

The bad

Really bad plot, on the level of TV show, wouldn't be out of place in Loki.

Music choice a bit TOO on the nose for me? But I guess that is part of Deadpool.

A bit TOO much fan service?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Just got back from seeing it now, really enjoyed it. Particularly enjoyed the music/soundtrack, cameos were great.

For an 11.30am showing on a Friday in the summer, it was also relatively busy still too. Around 50/60% of seats taken!

Most modern films make about 85% of their eventual BO by day 21, with few exceptions, so as we're at Day 7 the film is still in its "rocket" phase as its BO rises almost vertically and I just don't expect to see that taper off just yet, especially as I can't see Trap, Borderlands or Aliens: Romulus (the next 3 big films out over the next 3 weeks) being a bigger "draw" yet.

If anything, I think that the reason it "might" peter out isn't going to be due to those other films, but mostly that the vast majority of those who wanted to see it will have already done so by day 21 with less "multiple viewings by the same person" after that.

Back
Top Bottom