Deadpool 3 - Coming 2024

Watched this last night and haven't laughed so much in a cinema for a looong time.

Great fun. Excellent soundtrack, loads of outrageous violence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo
Watched this the other night. Whilst I did enjoy it on the whole I did feel the story was a bit weak and I didn't buy into Tom from Succession's character at the TVA at all.

The cameos were fun but "breaking the 4th wall" with every other bit of dialog in the film got a bit boring and felt way overdone by the end of the movie. The first two Deadpools weren't like that from memory.

Good film though and heaps of fan service which worked. Will deffo watch again when it comes to streaming. A guy in work has seen it 3 times at the cinema so far!

Also not wanting to spoiler but wtf was up with youknowwhos accent?! Genuinely couldn't tell what he was saying at times.

I liked it, i didn't love it.

The good.

A ton of jokes, non-stop, absolutely non-stop. Some I found funny but I don't think all of them landed for me. Very far-reaching jokes which I didn't think they would make about Disney. Lots of 4th wall breaking, lots of homage and references to pop culture.

The bad

Really bad plot, on the level of TV show, wouldn't be out of place in Loki.

Music choice a bit TOO on the nose for me? But I guess that is part of Deadpool.

A bit TOO much fan service?

That about sums it up for me too. Enjoyable enough, but someone needs to remind the team behind this movie that sometimes "less is more" (except when it comes to story, which this movie needed a lot more of).

I'm disappointed that this is yet another Marvel story where nothing really happened.

Last edited:
Enjoyed it for what it was, honestly thought they'd be more cameos (not that the ones in this aren't bad) in this with the leaning into multiverse (I know some of the Deadpoolls were but they are hidden, same with Rob as a guard) most of the jokes landed for me and it was nice to see older characters brought back or getting another showing.

Plenty of meta jokes to be had at Marvel / Disney expense without it being overbearing. With the massive push of trailers / marketing before it came out was nice that not too much was spoiled.

Emma Corrin was a treat to watch seeing her in this after playing Princess Di in the Crown is a big switch.

A sign of a good film for me is if I keep thinking about it a few days later, and this film got me doing that.

It is definitely one to see in the cinema amongst other fans. It was great when certain moments happened and the whole cinema cheered.

Hopefully everyone stayed for the end credit scene.

The roof lifted when the Cavilrine appeared.

Putting on the mask was another moment.

Reactions: Kyo
Off to see it later today, looking forward to it with big expectations compared to recent Marvel/Star Wars content…

Just back from watching it with my son, loved it, much better (IMO) that D2, but D1 was obviously something else.
Lots of random cameos worked well.

The roof lifted when the Cavilrine appeared.

Putting on the mask was another moment.

Also when Chris Evans turned up with that cloak and Wade egging it with Avengers Assemble. LoL I did not expect Johnny lol.

Last edited:
Finally got to see it. 4pm showing on a sunday and the screen had about 70 people in it. Pretty good.

It was fun. Sometimes I want serious films, sometimes I want fluff... This was good old fun fluff.

Just the opening had me laughing. Perfect. And then the nsync kicked in. :cry:

Was that Cavill auditioning to take over as Wolverine? ;) He'll do, but still too tall. :D

So many jokes and references throughout. And the cameos.... I lost count.

Haven't seen many films this year at the cinema. Very glad I saw this one at my local.

Back
Top Bottom