Deco XE75

Associate
Hey everyone. I’m fairly new to this world.
I’ll try to be brief. Need some help with new mesh.
I had Tenda nova mw6 3 pack. As struggled with signal at rear of house. Not a massive house but old and terraced with lots of walls. This has been great for a few years.

Now just got the new sky max hub 6. 500mbps.
Tried a speed test in the room with router and get just under 500. its very good but struggles in the rear bedroom still. when i try the nova mesh only get about 350 in the room by the new sky max. so i thunk this novs mesh is just a bit old or cheap.

looking at a deco xe75 2 pack. or the pro as same price on deal it seems.

wondering this. as going from 3 to 2 pack. if both going to be hardwired ie lan cable, does it matter if the 2nd one at the back of the house is not wifi connected or has weak signal to the main one by the router.

im thinking the ethernet cable will do the work of connecting them and then i can usethe wifi just for the devices connected to them like phones and games. this way have just one network.

appreciate any help.

If you connect 1 to the router and then connect that one to the second one with a direct cable, the wifi should be more than good enough throughout the house.

If you don’t use Ethernet backhaul then you’d probably see lower speeds over WiFi.

Can I ask why the XE75? I can somewhat understand them if you had 1 Gbps plan or better but they seem massive overkill for 500 Mbps max especially when ethernet backhaul. I would save like £100 and just get 2 dual band ones.

Last edited:
Can I ask why the XE75? I can somewhat understand them if you had 1 Gbps plan or better but they seem massive overkill for 500 Mbps max especially when ethernet backhaul. I would save like £100 and just get 2 dual band ones.
I think it’s because I have the Tenda nova mw6 pack. And this seems to not be very good. Didn’t want to buy cheap twice and end up in the same boat.

Someone reccomended the deco . But I agree. I would like to save some money if possible.
Would you have any recommendations.

Thank you.

I think it’s because I have the Tenda nova mw6 pack. And this seems to not be very good. Didn’t want to buy cheap twice and end up in the same boat.

Someone reccomended the deco . But I agree. I would like to save some money if possible.
Would you have any recommendations.

Thank you.
Depends on the size of your house, but the X50 would probably also do the job.

Since you're using ethernet backhaul, the distance between units isn't a huge consideration and the WiFi coverage should be more than sufficient to get full speed throughout the house. You are limited to a Gigabit port then i.e. if you upgrade your internet connection beyond that, you'd need new units but that's pretty niche.

One last thing my brother just told me.
As I only need one device technically at the rear of the house to extend WiFi for devices. Would an access point be cheaper and do the same job as would use Ethernet to wire it.

One last thing my brother just told me.
As I only need one device technically at the rear of the house to extend WiFi for devices. Would an access point be cheaper and do the same job as would use Ethernet to wire it.
Are you referring to a wifi extender connected via Ethernet? As opposed to a mesh system.

I think so. Like

Ubiquiti AP Unifi wireless access point.​

It’ll probably be fine, and likely cheaper, although I did t enjoy the experience as the swap between access points is noticeable; maybe works better with a more expensive AP. Someone who knows more might have some advice.

The main reason I use a mesh is because it’s one seamless network.

It’ll probably be fine, and likely cheaper, although I did t enjoy the experience as the swap between access points is noticeable; maybe works better with a more expensive AP. Someone who knows more might have some advice.

The main reason I use a mesh is because it’s one seamless network.
Makes sense. For ease and simplicity for someone like me I think the mesh is the way to go.

I appreciate all your help. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom