Default Browser Issue

Associate
My default browser is opera which is fine and works for me. The problem is that I use Dashlane for passwords etc. The browser extension works fine in the browser but the windows 10 app always defaults to Edge when selecting the link from there.

Any ideas appreciated.

Associate
Have you tried, clicking on the Start button and typing "Default"?
As you type this, suggestions should appear in the list. Select either "Default App Settings" or "Choose a default web browser".
It should then take you to where you can alter the default browser. Once changed, all web links should (hopefully) open with Opera.

Associate
OP
Have you tried, clicking on the Start button and typing "Default"?
As you type this, suggestions should appear in the list. Select either "Default App Settings" or "Choose a default web browser".
It should then take you to where you can alter the default browser. Once changed, all web links should (hopefully) open with Opera.

Yes done that, all other things open in Opera fine, web links etc. The only links that don't are those from Dashlane.

Associate
I'm not familiar with the software.
Just guessing:
Maybe the software will only open Edge or MS browsers links.
Maybe uninstall and reinstall it, I'm thinking it might recognise Opera as being the default browser after it's been reinstalled. Especially if Edge was the default (before you changed it to Opera) when you installed it previously.

Associate
OP
I'm not familiar with the software.
Just guessing:
Maybe the software will only open Edge or MS browsers links.
Maybe uninstall and reinstall it, I'm thinking it might recognise Opera as being the default browser after it's been reinstalled. Especially if Edge was the default (before you changed it to Opera) when you installed it previously.

I thought the same thing and tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still the same issue. Never been a fan of MS browsers so edge has never been my default. Just contacted the software provider (Dashlane) to see if they can help.

Associate
OP
Soldato
Worth a try but afraid it it still does not work with Opera. Many thanks.

Well I just had a look at Dashlane, and realised why it's not working with other browsers.

Dashlane on the Microsoft store is actually an Edge extension :p. That's why it only opens Edge, because it's not a standalone app but actually depends on the browser. Annoyingly, Edge extensions live within the app store so they're easy to get mixed up with.

Associate
OP
Well I just had a look at Dashlane, and realised why it's not working with other browsers.

Dashlane on the Microsoft store is actually an Edge extension :p. That's why it only opens Edge, because it's not a standalone app but actually depends on the browser. Annoyingly, Edge extensions live within the app store so they're easy to get mixed up with.

Make sense now in terms of the edge extension, also had a response from Dashlane support stating that they don't support Opera at this time.

Just worked out that chrome has an dashlane extension that works in opera if the "Install Chrome Extensions" extension is installed so that has solved the problem.

Many thanks all for your suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom