Define Posh

Soldato
Okay hopefully a bit of fun, how do you define someone as "posh". What traits qualify you as one? Also what are the "posh" areas of the country?

Here's my list:
* Must have a stupidly posh accent.
* Their parents must own a land rover
* They must have attended private school and refer to their old school friends as "chums"
* They watch Ruby rather than Football

Posh areas:
Cheltenham Spa
Clifton, Bristol
Wilmslow, Cheshire

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;13168510 said:
You can't define 'posh' by a series of bizarre attributes. I mean, must drive a Land Rover? So if somebody chose a Land Cruiser instead they are 'not posh'?

This isn't really serious is it Fox, I'm not actually going to be going around asking people a check list to see if they are posh, just meant as a bit of fun.

Soldato
OP
I associate a snob with someone (who may well be posh) that thinks they are superior to "normal" folk. Where posh is a combination of wealth and life style. It's just interesting that I've never met anyone who my friends have classed as posh, that I did not in turn think where posh - so there must be (perhaps just between my social group) a set of norms that we associate with posh, hence why I made the thread.

I don't like it when people say "I just speak correctly". Just because you may have a regional accent that does not mean you do not speak correctly.

Soldato
OP
No, Edinburgh.

And seriously, who cares? If buying a shirt makes me look like a 'moron' to some people but it means that all I have to do is wear it, give some chat, buy one or two drinks and I get to go home with some naive fresher, then fine, I'm okay with that.

Wouldn't you rather not look like a berk and pull a girl that actually has a brain?

Back
Top Bottom