Delays in all my hobbies due to covid and brexit. Grr

Associate
I have 2 main hobbies pc gaming and model making/gaming. I have been waiting for some new modeling stuff to arrive that was ordered back in November and have now been informed that its sat on some train somewhere in the uk in a backlog of freight. Likewise it seems that pc components are becoming equaly hard to get ahold of.

Im trying to decide if should buy what i can now of items that i definately want for the pc, and then when things start running again, whenever that is, get the rest. Or do i just wait 3/4 months and see whats there then.

I keep going round the forums and shop listings looking for parts and advice, which has been helpful. But as it seems at small form factor builds everythign is balanced to everything else on how it would fit into a case i dont think its worth buying things piecemeal, as only the CPU and Ram would be able to definatley fit, and even then id need a cooler.

Ah well, nicer to have the options i guess.

Well thats my moan out of the way, hope you all have a great new year.

Brian.

Associate
OP
Not everyone can drop hundreds of pounds up front months in advance...

Also you've fairly obviously never had a hobby that involves things like paints, or release schedules, as oddly you can't plan ahead for what paints you'll run out of or find out have dried out 6-12 months in advance.
It's not uncommon for a lot of hobbies for you to buy in everything you think you'll need, then find out that you're actually short of something you'd thought you'd got plenty of but can normally pop out down the local shop and get, even if you've got a well stocked garage full of supplies.

I had an order with one company held up for 4 months because of a shortage and disruption of model paints from one supplier.

Also if you bothered to read his post, he ordered in November...
This is so true. I have lots of other stuff i could be getting on with but i was hoping to do the thing that isnt here, Kingdom Death Monster - some of there individual figures.

Human nature i suppose :)

Associate
OP
Found out what the problem was the items were sat in a container since before christmas but covid and brexit caused massive backlog at the port. And ships have to be unloaded so they get priority until the freightyard gets full. Well had a message some stuff is being posted to me now, so the rest should be soon.

Back
Top Bottom