Deleted video recovered but corrupted

Associate
Hi all,

Long story short my videos from the olympics were accidently deleted off my laptop (ssd).

I can retrieve the files but they are all corrupted and won't play back.

Tried fixing the files using the same software (imyfone) but no luck.

Been to my local IT shop that also tried with other software and same thing happened.

The memory cards have already been formatted within the camera and used for another shoot - I didn't bother trying to recover data from them but should I?

Is there anything else you would do or do I let it go?

Last edited:
If you've writtem data to the disk after they've been deleted, you're out of luck. Unless you go for very expensive professional options, but there's no guarantee with that either.

To see if it's only bits of the files that have failed, recover /convert from mp4 to mkv as the container will play back with broken parts a lot easier than an mp4 will.

Last edited:
If you've writtem data to the disk after they've been deleted, you're out of luck. Unless you go for very expensive professional options, but there's no guarantee with that either.

To see if it's only bits of the files that have failed, recover /convert from mp4 to mkv as the container will play back with broken parts a lot easier than an mp4 will.
They quoted me around £600 with no guarantee for the professional route.

I will try converting a couple of the files to see if anything happens.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom