Dell 2007WFP Yay or Nay

Thx for the suggestion but the 1:1 mapping option is still greyed out when I try that.

On another note do I make the monitor scale the picture or do I let the Nvidia drivers do it?

Cheers.

Just took delivery of a Dell 2007 FPW myself. New to the widescreen scene. My main gripe at the moment is trying to get Windows Media Player to display full widescreen DVDs in all its glory. My pictures seem to be cropped both at the top and at the sides

MrMuscle said:
Just took delivery of a Dell 2007 FPW myself. New to the widescreen scene. My main gripe at the moment is trying to get Windows Media Player to display full widescreen DVDs in all its glory. My pictures seem to be cropped both at the top and at the sides

2 reasons for that:-

1. The original aspect ratio of your source eg. DVD isn't 16:10 hence the black bars.
2. WMPlayer doesn't support scaling.

Solution:

Find a player that supports scaling. Can't remember if WinDVD does, but VLC certainly does for .avi files. Not sure why you'd what to rescale video to the wrong aspect ratio though - it looks terrible.

MediaPlayer Classic can re-size the video (remove the bars) but after I went to so much trouble trying to get this to work (I have a normal 4:3 monitor) I decided it looked too distorted to even bother with it :P.

Hi, my first post. :D

I got one of these on Friday and had to upgrade my GFX card over the weekend to an ATI so I could get it to run at it's native resolution.

The colours are excellent and wonderfull, it took me a bit of getting used to because my old monitor was a 17 inch Reliysis with a glossy finish.

I don't like the way it displays the browser as the text and emoticons on forums are jaggered and non smooth even when I set the DPI as low as 80, that's my gripe, I don't know if it's like that because it's a 20 inch or if it's a widescreen or because it's a DELL?

On the back of the monitor it says REV-A02 but it also says made in China April 2006 so I thought I got an old updated version but I noticed there was a slight scratch ot top of the monitor so I then thought that it was probably a refurbished updated version so I've called for a replacement. I also noticed on one of the bags in the box it said REV-A03?

I forgot to add the Sharpness and Wide Mode can't be selected in the OSD Menu and I'm using the DVI cable and I tried lowering the resolution but still didn't work.

Back
Top Bottom