Dell 24 incher (NO RULE BREAKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Nice connectivity options :

S-video, composite and component

Hope they are also on the Samsung model as well, not the 242MP but the replacement for the normal PC monitor version.

Soldato
This could be the ideal screen, the quoted specs seem great.
Actually thats an understatement they are easily the highest currently available. 1000:1 contrast 500:1 nits/brightness 9 in 1 card reader 4x USB.

Interestingly it not only offers typical PIP but it also offers PAP.
Having 50/50 would be great for Tv and surfing etc at the same time. No mention that it supports progressive scan though, chances are it wont
As long as the panels are well produced/no faulty pixel probs this could easily be the panel to own this year.

If Samsung are producing it then do expect to see various versions apperaing from other brand names also.

Personally Id love to see a very stylish Samsung or Sony model as these usually have the best looking and build quality.

Extra sugary indeed.

Soldato
2405fp_highlight.jpg

Looks quite nice, if a little fat
Oh and these portrait too, yummy.

Whats the chances of someone buying 3 of these...

Soldato
well im gona put off buying a pj/lcd tv as theres not many that do true 1080 un till prolly end of this year , so i'll prolly get 2 of these to go along side me dell 2001fp ,

i am so glad my dad nicked my 2005fp now :D

Permabanned
Cant stand the look of the Dell LCD Displays, but hopefully Samsung will come out with a display with exactly the same specs, but a more refined, minimal look.... and to score a hole in one, itd look exactly like the Apple Aluminium Displays. God, i miss mine...

Actually, arent Apple updating their 23" displays soon, too? Doubt theyd make em 24 inchers, though.

With these specs, it looks like we're getting closer and closer to perfection. I SOOOO hope Samsung's looks like like the Apple. I hate black/silver fat things, like the Dell.

Like you say, Latte, we should definitely expect to see this panel in other displays from other manufacturers. i guess the winning ticket will be to the company who pulls off the best backlight and looks.

Permabanned
Going by the review, im inclined to say that black level is still not as good as the Samsung 193P, and Dells backlight, as per usual, has let it down...

Seems to have a bit of an overstated contrast ratio too.

Permabanned
Kev_UK said:
Going by the review, im inclined to say that black level is still not as good as the Samsung 193P, and Dells backlight, as per usual, has let it down...

Seems to have a bit of an overstated contrast ratio too.

dont think you can reasonably compare a 19 inch monitor to a 24 inch one, the black levels are actually noted as being good in the review.

If HL2 etc work at that native res Ill be selling my 2005fpw & getting one, thats a bargain price for whats on offer.

Permabanned
yes, you can compare the specs between a 19" display and a 24" display.

"Pretty good" black leves doesnt sound as re-assuring as "exceptional" black levels on the 193P. But, we do all know that Samsung make better backlights.

I dont like the way they state:

"Dark-level detail was pretty good—for an LCD".

Permabanned
Kev_UK said:
yes, you can compare the specs between a 19" display and a 24" display.

"Pretty good" black leves doesnt sound as re-assuring as "exceptional" black levels on the 193P. But, we do all know that Samsung make better backlights.

I dont like the way they state:

"Dark-level detail was pretty good—for an LCD".

completly disagree, by all means compare the dell 20 inch or apple 23 inch to the 24 but a 19 inch 4:3 & 24 inch 16:10 are not similar products, they are different markets. How many people would genuinly be choosing between those two monitors, very few if any.

Permabanned
im comparing the evolution of LCD technology. Im comparing the fact that panels arent getting better in terms of colour.

Regardless of size, we can still compare the technology use behind it. size is just a scale factor. It is feasable to compare contrast ratios, response times, brightness and backlight, in terms of the progression in LCd panel production.

However, everyone has their own opinion. I see what you mean, but, like i say, size is not a barrier in the comparison. Its simply a scaling factor to the technology behind it. its not as though one is made out of cardboard.

Permabanned
mcmad said:
How many people would genuinly be choosing between those two monitors, very few if any.

Id like to see a monitor that is for graphics professionals AND gamers. Im sure many others would, too. None of this compromise.

What other companies do people suspect that would use this 24" panel? Could be the weapon of choice for lots!

Permabanned
Kev_UK said:
im comparing the evolution of LCD technology. Im comparing the fact that panels arent getting better in terms of colour.

you are comparing a top of the range 19" 4X3 to a bottom of the range 24" 16X10, dont expect the best quality at a dell price point but certainly looks like great value for money for non professional use. Cant wait to see what else comes out in this size though, doubt I would be able to justify cost though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom