Dell 2407WFP + PIP, PBP + A04

Soldato
I'm on the lookout for a new monitor to replace my 17" 1280x1024. Now the logical step was to go to ~20.1" with a 1680x1050 resolution, however, this is not really much of a step-up. Therefore decided that a more logical step was to the 24" where 1920x1200 can be found :)

The question is what is PIP (Picture in Picture) and PBP (Picture By Picture), DCDi® by Faroudja (Directional Correlational Deinterlacing) Processing, ACM™ (Active Colour Management) and ACC™ (Adaptive colour and Contrast) technologies?

I can definitely get hold of an A04 model, now I'm looking to hook up my freeview box through some means either S-Video or Component whichever produces the better picture quality.

Has anyone got any pictures of PIP and/or PBP in action to give me an idea of what to expect?

Thanks in advance,

BeatMaster :D

Soldato
OP
Grumbledook said:
pip is having a box with another feed showing in it

pbp iirc is split screen so could have tv on one side and pc on other

Any ideas on which feeds can go into each box/side? Can you control the size of the box/side aswell? :)

BeatMaster :D

Associate
well on my dell monitor the pbp isnt that good with the options of either having vga or dvi on the left and either svideo or composite on the right and with the pictures not being very big but there still usable

Associate
i believe it allows 1:1 pixel mapping over dvi which the previous ones don't

on the monitor that is rather than from a gfx card

nvidia cards do it already but ati don't, think there are some 8800 that don't do it properly as well atm but drivers should fix that

someone might want to confim this

Back
Top Bottom