Dell S2716DG - 1440p Upgrade Path

Associate
Hey guys,

I could use a little advice. Having just upgraded my PC I feel it may be time to upgrade the monitor as well in order to get the most out of my new system. I've been watching a lot of Hardware / Monitor Unboxed videos but I'm still having a hard time making a decision. What would you suggest?

I mostly play immersive single player games like Cyberpunk for example at 1440p and I'm going to give myself a budget of £500.

With my current monitor being a TN panel will I notice a big difference moving to an other technology? My current monitor has a G-Sync module, will I notice a difference if the new monitor was only G-Sync certified?

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd go for an IPS screen, 120hz+

My Dell has been really good. it has freesync-pro, & G-sync 'compatable' but I have an AMD card so I can't really coment on that aspect.

My previous monitor was TN, and IPS pannel looks a lot better to my eyes.

Soldato
That monitor isn't bad, just keep using it imo.

IPS looks better but has backlight bleed and slower response times so it's a tradeoff.
VA sux.
OLED looks better but can have burn in so it's a tradeoff.
microLED has been 'on the way' for ages, but when it eventually arrives it should be worth getting.

Gsync vs compatible I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference.

Last edited:
Soldato
That monitor isn't bad, just keep using it imo.

IPS looks better but has backlight bleed and slower response times so it's a tradeoff.
VA sux.
OLED looks better but can have burn in so it's a tradeoff.
microLED has been 'on the way' for ages, but when it eventually arrives it should be worth getting.

Gsync vs compatible I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference.

I've never had an issue with response times on mine... it's not really an issue with modern IPS pannels.
There is some IPS glow, but you just don't notice it in normal use, only if you throw up a plain black screen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom