Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Man of Honour
I've not had to install the monitor drivers personally - no harm to doing so AFAIK and might improve compatibility in some cases but I've not found a need.

Set mine up today using some of the settings from here. However, the gamma in the nvidia control panel keeps resetting back to default. How do I make it stay on without having to change it after playing games?

Might be an incompatibility with how the ICC profile is setup if you are using one.

Soldato
Still having to go back into nvidia control panel after playing games (ESO, BF1 and Titanfall 2 tried so far). Is there a way to stop this happening otherwise I'm going to send it back.

Posted at same time! Not using a profile, mainly the settings from your earlier post.

The NCP settings weren't reset but the colours were all washed out and I had to go back to the NCP to move the gamma pointer and then it was fine.

Man of Honour
Dunno what to suggest then - mine sticks when coming out of a game and the only time I've had it reset is when messing about with ICC profiles.

Soldato
Right, finally ordered one after many months of mulling over. I'm new to Gsync so beyond the monitor settings to enhance the screen do I need to activate gsync anywhere or will it just turn on?

Associate
Right, finally ordered one after many months of mulling over. I'm new to Gsync so beyond the monitor settings to enhance the screen do I need to activate gsync anywhere or will it just turn on?
It should auto activate once you have a compatible gpu and use displayport. There isn't a setting to turn on/off gsync on the OSD menu. You can turn gsync on and off via the Nvidia Control Panel in the Display.

Caporegime
I use 2 screens one is g sync the other is normal 60hz screen.

I regularly switch between screens and rarely rub with both on at the same time. I use the dell with displayport and the benq with HDMI.

When I switch to the Benq and then back to the Dell. The refresh rate reverts back to 60hz. Also to use gsync it has to be the primary display, etc.

Once you set it up in nvidia control panel it should be fine so long as you don't mess about like I do. If you are switching screens then you need to configure the settings every time you do so. It is tedious bit it literally takes 20 seconds to do so.

Soldato
Both...... I may have to reset and start again. Somehow I've ended up with a revision A00 too. sad times.

I've been having a play and it seems a bit better now but nowhere near my U2515h, but to be fair they are different panel types I know

Man of Honour
ICC profiles are usually calibrated for a specific example of a monitor and might not be right at all in extreme cases for your monitor and/or need further tweaking to get them right. Also can take additional steps to get them to stick when coming out of a fullscreen game, etc.

Also may need to follow steps like this https://optimwise.com/fix-windows-photo-viewer-yellow-tint-background/ to sort certain compatibility issues like yellow tint on some areas of the UI in some applications.

Personally I'm a bit negative towards them unless produced specifically for your monitor via proper calibration.

Soldato
After almost a week with this I can't get on with the display at all. I wonder if it's because it's a revision A00? Going to see if I can swap it out. Otherwise what a superb monitor, Gsync is a revelation

Man of Honour
What is the problem with it? revisions after A00 mostly just solves some problems with underlying sleep/OSD functionality and possibly some tweaking to the anti-glare coating as later ones appear less matt and are a little less bleached looking out the box.

Back
Top Bottom