Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Arriving with OcUK end of this week! :)

DELL S2716DG 27" 2560x1440 TN G-Sync 144Hz Gaming Widescreen LED Monitor - Midnight Grey @ £599.99 inc VAT

MO-084-DE_400.jpg

Serious gamers can discover unrivaled gameplay with a smooth and responsive view. The S2716DG is designed to provide an uncompromising gaming experience with sharp and undistorted moving images, thanks to NVIDIA’s G-SYNC technology and the fastest refresh rate at 144Hz. Its swift 1ms response rate offers virtually no input lag. The Dell 27 Monitor is also packed with uncompromising performance features to further enhance gameplay, including:

Features:
- Nvidia’s G-SYNC support feature synchronizes GPU and monitor to minimize graphic distortions and screen tearing
- Quad HD resolution of 2560 x 1440 with close to 2 times more onscreen details than Full HD
- A full range of adjustability features, like tilt, pivot, swivel and height-adjustable stand allow for long hours of comfortable gameplay
- A wide range of connectivity features, including DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 1.4, four USB 3.0 ports, USB 3.0 upstream, Audio line-out & Headphone-out

Specification:-
- Screen Size: 27" (68.47cm)
- Pixel Pitch: 0.233mm
- Resolution: 2560x1440 WQHD
- Panel: TN
- Response Time: 1ms
- Refresh Rate: 144Hz
- Brightness: 350cd/m
- Contrast ratio: 1000:1
- Colour: 16.7M (Real 8-Bit)
- Connectivity: 1x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI (Display Cable and USB cables included)
- USB 3.0 Hub
- G-Sync Enabled
- VESA: 100x100mm
- Warranty: 3yr (On-Site with DELL)

Only £599.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Caporegime
Not a bad price! It would probably be about £450/500 if it weren't for gsync.

It will be interesting to see reviews for this and if dell have removed the horrible grainy finish that the swift has (unlikely though :()

Any idea if a freesync version will be coming any time soon???

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ideally it should be cheaper.... however, most other "sync" 1440P 27" 144HZ with a good TN panel costs £450+ and dell are by far the best when it comes to customer service and usually QC too.

Soldato
Ideally it should be cheaper.... however, most other "sync" 1440P 27" 144HZ with a good TN panel costs £450+ and dell are by far the best when it comes to customer service and usually QC too.

It's actually Dell's own U2715H that shows this up a bit. No sync but a much better panel for over a hundred quid less.

Don't get me wrong, I want to move to sync now. I just can't get my head around the pricing, especially for GSync, which is utterly ridiculous.

Soldato
It's actually Dell's own U2715H that shows this up a bit. No sync but a much better panel for over a hundred quid less.

Don't get me wrong, I want to move to sync now. I just can't get my head around the pricing, especially for GSync, which is utterly ridiculous.

Apples and oranges. The U2715H is a 60Hz monitor. I do agree that the price premium is a bit steep, although typical for the addition of G-SYNC. A more suitable comparison would be with the BenQ XL2730Z.

Soldato

Gotta say I agree.

Caporegime
Soldato
Interesting that he says this:

"The AG coating is on the aggressive side, and I would say it's on-par with my LG 34UM95"

I thought these 27" TN 144HZ 1440 panels were suppose to be very grainy where as the ultrawide IPS screens have a very light matte finish :confused:

That's confusing. The LG 34UM95 does indeed have a Light AG coating... and the PG278Q has a Moderate AG coating. They are NOT the same. So either this guy is really bad at seeing the difference... OR Dell have gone with a lighter coating. The number of complaints I've read about the Swift and that Moderate AG coating makes me wonder how someone could be confused with the one on the LG, which is definitely better.

Caporegime
Yup exactly my thoughts so as you said either, Dell have gone with a lighter finish or this guy's eye sight is bad/odd :p

I wonder if the panel manufacturer have gone with a lighter finish themselves as it would fit in with all those people who sent their benq 27" 1440 144HZ TN screens back for the firmware upgrade (which was essentially a panel/monitor replacement) saying that the screen quality/colours seemed a lot nicer even with the same settings....

Soldato
That's confusing. The LG 34UM95 does indeed have a Light AG coating... and the PG278Q has a Moderate AG coating. They are NOT the same. So either this guy is really bad at seeing the difference... OR Dell have gone with a lighter coating. The number of complaints I've read about the Swift and that Moderate AG coating makes me wonder how someone could be confused with the one on the LG, which is definitely better.

Oh good, glad I'm not the only one who found that comment extremely confusing and contradictory. :o

Back
Top Bottom