Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Soldato
I had one in my basket at that cheap price. 5 minutes later its gone from my basket, usually rainforest keeps them in your basket for a lot longer. Means Rainforest removed it as it was an error/misprice.

Besides coming from Germany might not have UK plug and returns would have to be to them. Also 5 week lead time.

Wrong, my £300 Amazon UK one came from Germany, EU plug, registered straight away for UK 3 year door to door warranty from Dell.

Just used a UK kettle lead.

Your comments do suggest a hint of jealousy.....

Last edited:
Soldato
Even if it DID have an EU plug, that's a doddle to change. I've done that before on appliances. How is your monitor hyperseven? All good?

Soldato
Even if it DID have an EU plug, that's a doddle to change. I've done that before on appliances. How is your monitor hyperseven? All good?

Cant fault it, using twirly's profiles and lut settings.

Love its clean aesthetics, nice and minimal.

Have it sat next to my DGM 1440P but to be honest not even using that now.

Soldato
Wrong, my £300 Amazon UK one came from Germany, EU plug, registered straight away for UK 3 year door to door warranty from Dell.

Just used a UK kettle lead.

Your comments do suggest a hint of jealousy.....

Not at all. I knew it would be cancelled hence I didn't place an order.

Associate
Just pulled the trigger on one of these. I spent a lot of time researching different monitors and this thread (and others on OCUK) was really helpful, so I wanted to say thanks! Now I get to sit on pins and needles until it arrives.

Associate
After much deliberation between this and the Acer/Asus offerings, the poor reviews of the Acer/Asus quality control made decide on this.

I bought two over Christmas at the £430 price, to replace a Dell Ultrasharp 24" 2405FPW and a Dell 23" S2309W.

I also like the minimalist look, as I'm not a fan of the trend of sticking lots of bits of plastic to surrounds and casings etc. The leap to 27" from 24" wasn't as noticeable as I thought it may be, but I'm really enjoying them and the image looks great to me.

Associate
After much deliberation between this and the Acer/Asus offerings, the poor reviews of the Acer/Asus quality control made decide on this.

I bought two over Christmas at the £430 price, to replace a Dell Ultrasharp 24" 2405FPW and a Dell 23" S2309W.

I also like the minimalist look, as I'm not a fan of the trend of sticking lots of bits of plastic to surrounds and casings etc. The leap to 27" from 24" wasn't as noticeable as I thought it may be, but I'm really enjoying them and the image looks great to me.

Make sure you are using Twirlywoo's fantastic ICC Colour profiles, they make a huge difference.

Associate
Just bought one of these monitors, could you give a bit more info on this?

Download Twirlywoo's .ICC Profile he posted in a few posts back, and download a piece of software called "Colour Sustainer" (Don't downlaod Colour Profile Keeper although it does the same as Colour Sustainer it doesn't seem to work in all games)

Once you have Colour Sustainer installed, run it and choose the resolution you are running at and the Refresh Rate and finally point it to the .ICC profile you downloaded.

This will now enforce the .ICC profile in Windows and in all games that you play.

@Twirlywoo's - with your recent .ICC profile are you still running it 56% digital vibrance?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom