Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Caporegime
Drop a trust please as to where ;) :p

I don't even have a nvidia card and probably never will but for that price, why not! :D :p

EDIT:

NVM found it

Soldato
The ASUS ROG Swift is the same price at the moment. Which would be better?

Tough call. Performance is essentially so similar, so it would depend on your styling preferences or whether you want to make use of some of the product-specific features (i.e. HDMI for the Dell). I think many will be telling you that Dell are the better company as far as customer support under warranty goes, however.

Last edited:
Associate
Mine came through today. Luckily I had a UK plug already, as it was the EU model.

Have to say though, the screen is much worse than my IPS screen.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine came through today. £99.87 from the forest. Luckily I had a UK plug already, as it was the EU model.

Lovely monitor, but sadly I have a single dead (black on all colours) pixel in the centre left of the screen. For £99 I don't think I'll worry too much -- it's unnoticeable in a game, but if it irritates me enough I might go through Dell's warranty and get a replacement if possible. Although... seeing as though I managed to snag this for £99, maybe I should just suck it up lol.

Have to say though, the screen is much worse than my IPS screen.

Have you applied an ICC profile yet? It does make quite a difference as the gamma is too low by default! But yes, a TN panel is still a TN panel regardless of any amount of calibration. At least you won't get any IPS glow though, and it is a very responsive thing. :)

Associate
Literally downloaded Colour Sustainer and Twirly's ICC profile. Seems to adjust gamma mainly? The colours pop out more and there's less "white wash" effect going on.

And yeah, I did kind of hate the IPS glow in dark scenes. I had the MG279Q w/ an R9 390. I sent them back with the intention of getting this S2716DG and a 970, but when I saw the price I snapped it up with a 980ti instead. I do kind of wish I'd gone with the PG279Q, but it would have cost a fortuuuune.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Seriously for the price you paid for it get a colormunki too. An icc profile for your screen will make a huge difference. I've tried a few profiles from other people and they look nowhere as good as my own.

Very envious of the price some people are getting this for. Atleast some people are benefitting and don't have the intention to flip it.

Associate
Ill just use this ICC profile of yours -- at least, I think it's yours lol. Using all your settings but with 35 brightness. Seems about right with my ambient lighting.

Permabanned
Ill just use this ICC profile of yours -- at least, I think it's yours lol. Using all your settings but with 35 brightness. Seems about right with my ambient lighting.

Try the ones posted below:

100cdm/2 is what I use at night. The 3D LUT with reshade I use to force the desktop profile in games. Games need to support reshade for it to work.

The version 1's were the first ones I did and final versions are what I settled on. I also found out recently that the perceptual rendering intent looked much better in games therefore both 100cdm/2 3dlut folders ONLY have lut's based on this.

Thought I would consolidate all the profiles that I have created and kept into one post.

Dell S2716DG 100cdm2/D65/Gamma 2.2 Version Final
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5cNNyJqRoXXakZqNy1QZHIxSzA

Dell S2716DG 100cdm2/D65/Gamma 2.2 Version 1
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5cNNyJqRoXXLXFBRllNZ3VNQm8

Dell S2716DG 120cdm2/D6500 version Final
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5cNNyJqRoXXMUtmTDNMd1VYTVU

Dell S2716DG 120cdm2/D6500 version 1
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5cNNyJqRoXXLVdmeEZaRlhvZmc

TFT Central and a user on OCN by the name of Yellows have profiles too.

Caporegime
Very envious of the price some people are getting this for. Atleast some people are benefitting and don't have the intention to flip it.

Yes, which I said before, I just mentioned I got it cheaper elsewhere, didn't even hint where from and the mods jumped on me right off the bat with a " NO COMPETITOR HINTING ". Yet people are posting prices and even hinting where they got it from. To be honest I don't care either way about peoples postings, but I can't stand staff hypocrisy :mad:

Soldato
Back to £450 on Weekly Deals

These keep going on offer. If OCUK really want to get rid of some sell them at £400 and they will fly out :p

Back
Top Bottom