DELL S2719DGF Owners Thread

Soldato
Ok set up the Freesync as per the reddit guide it shows g-sync on in game it looks spectacular, bit bright to my eyes, any settings I should change ?
Also almost no BLB and I cannot see any dead pixels, this was bargain of the year

Game presets are worth experimenting with.

I really like RTS. Uses dynamic brightness so you can't change the brightness settings but you can still tweak it using in- game settings if the game has them.

Associate
Game presets are worth experimenting with.

I really like RTS. Uses dynamic brightness so you can't change the brightness settings but you can still tweak it using in- game settings if the game has them.
RTS does not use dynamic brightness. Check all the settings as brightness can indeed be changed while using RTS.

Associate
Associate
I assume I need to plug in the monitor via USB ? I'm only running DP cable
Why Do I need the driver ?
Most of the time you don't need one. This one installed a profile and some monitor's play nicer with the driver installed especially with Freesync etc.

The display manager is great though and is worth the time to install.

You don't need usb.

Soldato
RTS does not use dynamic brightness. Check all the settings as brightness can indeed be changed while using RTS.

My bad:o. Getting confused with one of the game modes, locks the brightness and gives you a message warning it will turn off dynamic contrast when you alter the brightness:confused:

Associate
Perhaps a mod could change the Title of this thread? The Official Dell S2719DGF ?

I followed the developments in this thread when I needed to move from my G-Sync 144hz Dell 27 monitor and this (S2719DGF) is a joy, such a better more vibrant picture than my previous G-Sync Dell and the Freesync works just fine and is very effective.
Love it.
Thanks for all in the previous pages for sharing experience and knowledge, exactly what the forums are for.
;)

Associate
Just to throw my oar in, I recently got the AGON AG271QX and I absolutely love it. I can’t speak for it vs the Dell, but it is a terrific monitor. Specwise, it’s fairly neck and neck with the Dell, albeit offering (I think) a lower Freesync range (30hz upwards). The build quality is immense, the stand in particular is sturdy as hell and the whole unit just has a massive degree of heft without being bulky at all. I set it up with the Tom’s Hardware calibration settings and it’s spot on, even down to very low brightness. I haven’t really stretched it with high framerates yet because I’ve barely been home in recent weeks but the reviews speak for themselves. It is pricier than the Dell by £50-£70 but I certainly have no regrets about going for the AOC. I love the styling too.

Soldato
Sorry I'm on my phone as in process of building pc and Reddit is a mess to read, do you know if I need display port or can I use the supplied hdmi cable please?

Thanks

Display port is required for NVIDIA cards. As far as I am aware A.M.D cards support H.D.M.I as well.

Soldato
Managed to find one at work but yeah, last time I got a DP cable with monitor and GPU but this time nothing

Is there different versions of DP cable will any old DP cable do? Not sure how old this one is

Soldato
You don't need to identify the version, D.P. cable works with all the different standards. Only issues with DP is manufacturers not meeting the correct standards.
Quality issue.

Google and check before buying if you can, find some confirmation it works with 144 hz.

Soldato
You don't need to identify the version, D.P. cable works with all the different standards. Only issues with DP is manufacturers not meeting the correct standards.
Quality issue.

Google and check before buying if you can, find some confirmation it works with 144 hz.

Yeah just had quick read into it and it appears DP versions isnt a thing, I'll test out this cable before buying one, it would have come with a dell 1080p 60hz monitor originally

Soldato
I just ordered a spare just now. I like to have a back up to hand. When a cable goes I always panic and think its monitor. Good to have something to hand you can stick in a.s.a.p.

Back
Top Bottom